• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Zender wing...

I like the way it looks....

dan hit it right square on the head. dont go trying to get some real performance numbers or CoE figures or anything like that. the benefits are nil and the bad parts are just as nil.

you want to kill a car? put a lightbar on the roof. with the federal vision on my vic im seeing barely 15mpg. i could drive a suburban.

buy a spoiler because it looks good.

yes. pretty much all the spoilers you see on cars that sit up above the deck lid just add weight and drag. The small ones that attach directly to the trunk lid provide some benefit in reducing drag. I have a small rubber lip on my 740, weighs less than a lb. sticks up maybe an inch. It theroretically provides some benefit and I like the way it looks....
Really? Is the purpose of a rear spoiler to reduce drag?

That's the same spoiler that's shown in neptune's post, mounted to the black '82 242 that I used to own.

Shown on my previous silver 242 - yes, the car that got totalled...

And, back when it was Coronado Gold Metallic, shown on my original '81 242...

-J

Last edited:
aah damnit. Maybe I'll screw around with some fiberglass tomorrow and see if I can make some sort of mold. I still think the damn thread belongs in performance.
and right you are...79-85 sedans. I got 5 hours of sleep and worked 18 hours each day for the past 3 days.
The point is, I love this spoiler. My butt-skidpad (related to the butt-dyno, of course) says it made a difference. Cornering at very high speeds (keeping completely legal...:p) seemed improved a bit. Either that or my tires somehow upgraded themselves.

So nobody knows somebody that would make them?

the vast majority of spoilers will do nothing but look pretty until about 70-80 mph.

True, but this one works even when you're parked! A gentle breeze is all it needs to work...
IMG_0498.jpg

yes but all in all your NOT going to feel the downforce.. but thye do look cool, besides that asian aluminum adjusatble crap

Nope. Only the Group A wing. On the hunt for a replacement for the one I sold to neptune, since I now have a 242Ti again.

-J

If I find any in the north east I want to take it to a 3D printer figure out the materials and go from their. It can be done a little easier today.

If I find any in the north east I want to take it to a 3D printer figure out the materials and go from their. It can be done a little easier today.

It'd be easier to make a mold and do a high density foam casting of them imho.

Very few people use their car in a way that any type of wing or spoiler will benefit them. I have the group A wing on my autocross 242 because I like the way it looks and the whole nostalgia of it. Given the choice between a Group A and this wing I'd probably chose the group A. But it would be cool to have a choice. Of course I do like the look of wings. I have a Trans Am wing on every 740 I own and the Group A on the 242.

back in the early and mid 70's bmw did this to improve aero on a 3-box designed car:
iu

The roof deflector scoops air coming in over the roof and redirects that airstream down towards the wing making the wing work way better and filling the turbulence prone pocket behind the rear window resulting in less drag. Should work on any 240 as well.

Back