• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

BMW E36 T5 (holset content)

what tubing youve used?

It's 38mm outside diameter tubing. So far i've used 42mm as it's a bit easier to find but for a quicker spool i decided to try smaller tubing:-P

And yeah one of the wastegates is running the second scroll.. kinda quick spool valve'ish:lol: We'll see at the dyno if that even works like it should.
On the 1.8 engine i did a valve inside turbo's hot side for same reason, but this seemed a little better solution.

Thanks everyone for kind words:oogle:

Some news.. finally managed to break the engine.. twice in 12 hours :D

Yesterday finally back to dyno... result? 425whp@21psi

All good.. exept it wanting to detonate every moment possible, ended things there and headed home. On the way did a pull and blew a headgasket... atleast seemed like that at the beginning.
As today we had raceday... i took it apart. Head seemed fine.. block also fine.. headgasket obviously gone but then we noticed 1. cylinder piston seemed kinda tilted like it can't possibly be unless something is wrong.
So it came clear.. one of the rods was bent.
Had a theory about how it pulled water from other cylinder to intake just to push it into this cylinder and having hydro lock.. seemed more likely to bend a rod that way it was bent.
Anyway.. took the engine out, piston out and put in another rod and all back together.

With help of some friends i had it back running by midnight and that was it for the day.

Today's goal was to make atleast 12 second pass as my previous best was 13,6s.
Jumping ahead.. i ran 13,1 so didn't reach my goal.. and also headgasket blew again at first cylinder.

Why? Probably head or block got hurt yesterday and as i didn't machine it any way, might have been weak from that spot.

But anyway i'm not too sad, cause that run the pull was hard and i did manage to get 425whp from fully stock 2 litre whiteblock, so that's enough proof for me :rofl:

Now i'll take it apart, machine the surfaces, bigger crank and forged rods will also go in and then we'll see what we'll get:oogle:

(As before, the sheet is in KW)
0112045307839d1.jpg

011204530599506.jpg

01120453211de67.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyn5hQhvBYQ

Damn, i though i was going to be the first to put a t5 on an e36 in this forum:-P
My work rithm is far slowly from yours, im working on a 2.3 b5234t3 plus M90 gearbox, and im focusing to build a street car, so i cant build cool stuf like your header, pipes or motor mounts, i have to keep them as stock as possible to homologate it in my country.

Very nice work, following your advaces

Yeah when i started the build i found atleast 3 or 4 e36'es with t5 engines over the world :D

My tuner is building a pro driftcar with the same engine so there are quite a few of them already.
But i'm also building my mk3 supra with T6 engine so that should be something never seen before:rofl:

Anyways... about my engine. After i took it apart i found that 1st cylinder bore was cracked... so the block is garbage:-(

But today i finally found another block i can use. I'm gonna get deck closed with the help of a friend, so we'll see how that's going to work out.

New engine is almost done :) Next weekend is new race so also going to dyno in few days.

Closed deck 81mm block; maxpeeding forged rods; B5234t pistons machined down and polished; D5 93,2mm crank

Gives me 2401cc so should be fun:oogle:

01120897939b7a9.jpg

0112089791523ea.jpg

0112089785f388f.jpg

So a week has gone by since the first race this year I actually got to attend at and I probably should write something about it.
To get you in the mood - short review of the whole last week:

Monday - BMW ready for dyno.. so full of optimism we got there.. melted the engine of bmw.

Tuesday - In the evening got the bmw back to garage, where, while i was elsewhere trying to get another car running, Rannet and Martin started to take the engine apart.

Wednesday - Me still building the other car, Martin started to put together new engine and as the day went, i joined and together we got the engine running again by the evening.. which meant new chance of dyno. As it still wanted to knock awfully, we kept it safe with low boost and ridiculously little ignition advance. So the car was running but with low power (200+kw).

Thursday - As i got nothing else to do.. tried to replace turbocharger for smaller one.. hoping it would work better with the badly breathing intake manifold and resulting in less detonation... well few runs on road showed that it didn't change ****.

Friday - Last chance to try something... i pumped out the gasoline and poured in ethanol. Result? - No knock whatsoever, got 1,5bar of boost with almost 20 degrees of ign. advance and no sign of knocking.. everything running damn good and lots of power, got the car loaded on the trailer, and trip to "home"(read: dragstrip) could finally begin.

Trip went smoothly and both racedays quite easy also.
Had some loss of power due to very hot weather at the airfield and the fact, that it had rough tune with rather cold and moist weather, so it didn't run quite as good as friday, but still managed to run personal best times.

And if some of you are still with me, you finally get to know what times we ran... Well yes you can be disappointed because i didn't run 9 seconds or not even 10 seconds... and not even 11 seconds:lol: But 12,6 seconds with 194kph topspeed.

So i finally got into 12 seconds.. but with new working gearbox and better rear diff i should be in 11s quite easily.

Overall was a very good race, lots of awesome cars and as always - very nice people together. Super happy that everything worked almost as planned, and trying my best to be faster at next race, which takes place in already two weeks.

Also some eye candy for you... if you are as retarded as i am:oogle:
01121511455d118.jpg

011215550323c1a.jpg

0112151153ccdc2.jpg

Back