• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Denver Volvo friends, can I buy you a beer? Seriously, please?

20150113_132441_zps31037e91.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Does this work?

My car isn't running and hasn't been for 2 weeks. I'm broke, frustrated and lost. I don't have time or patience for his comments or PMs:
"Just trying to help, a spare $250 AMM for $20-$25 shipped is a screaming deal last time I checked.."
Sounds like he's being a trolling douche to me.

Take it as you will that's the truth.

20150113_132441_zps31037e91.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Does this work?

Yes your picture works but you should have one of those 007 AMM's that I linked to in there not a sketchily rebuilt 102.

:grin:

Last edited:
My car isn't running and hasn't been for 2 weeks. I'm broke, frustrated and lost. I don't have time or patience for his comments or PMs:
"Just trying to help, a spare $250 AMM for $20-$25 shipped is a screaming deal last time I checked.."
Sounds like he's being a trolling douche to me.

My car isn't running dammit, and I'm broke and lost...........you'll fit right in, you're a true TB'er......but maybe don't **** with the oldtimers

I would think someone with a thirty some year old car would keep a spare maf on hand......good luck getting help here XXXXXXX

Last edited:
Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it.
It may have been the comment "Lulz d00d." that proved him to be such a valued asset to this forum community. I'm sure you're all friends here but I'm looking for answers not a immature battle of wits.

Last edited:
So these will not work? Those numbers may mean something to you but I have no idea what you're saying.
http://www.autozone.com/engine-management/mass-air-flow-sensor

Let's break this down a little bit further since it is in maintenance...

That link is a general link to Mass Airflow Sensors, and nothing specific that shows up for me.

But no the rebuilt stuff isn't much good unless it's a $250 Bosch rebuild, or a known good OE Bosch unit.

Also you will need to verify the thermostats function in your air box, as they tend to stick in the open position, and fry the AMM.

FCP scrotum should have a good deal n the thermostat HERE which you will need to have working in your freezing Colorado winter weather for good economy.

You can remove the heat riser crinkle tube / hose in the mean time if you can come up with an AMM, but as I said it won't run optimally without the 80? air the box supplies when it's functional.

My car isn't running dammit, and I'm broke and lost...........you'll fit right in, you're a true TB'er......but maybe don't **** with the oldtimers

I would think someone with a thirty some year old car would keep a spare maf on hand......good luck getting help here dumbass

The first part of this quote is right, but I don't think sprocket is a dumbass. He had enough intelligence to join a forum for his car and ask appropriate questions. Do you know how many people would have just taken it into the shop and paid $300 for a maf and probably another $100 for installation? That's assuming they knew exactly what it was before throwing parts at it.

Sprocket, I'd go ahead and put aside your differences with ken (redwood chair) and order a maf from him. You'll be hard pressed to find another maf for cheaper. Not to mention if the maf isn't your problem you'll have an extra on hand.

I'm not sure how to actually test a maf other than to swap it out and look for improvements.

My car runs fine with the 'cold air intake' all I did was bypass the thermostat so it sucks in fresh air the whole time. Warming up the intake is not necessary (on lh2.4 at least) but may help gas mileage.

The first part of this quote is right, but I don't think sprocket is a dumbass. He had enough intelligence to join a forum for his car and ask appropriate questions. Do you know how many people would have just taken it into the shop and paid $300 for a maf and probably another $100 for installation? That's assuming they knew exactly what it was before throwing parts at it.

Sprocket, I'd go ahead and put aside your differences with ken (redwood chair) and order a maf from him. You'll be hard pressed to find another maf for cheaper. Not to mention if the maf isn't your problem you'll have an extra on hand.

I'm not sure how to actually test a maf other than to swap it out and look for improvements.

It's a (I want it right now society) tell me what I want to hear then GTFO.

Is my thermostat for the air intake visible from any pictures I posted? Is it possible my car doesn't have one?

http://www.autozone.com/engine-mana...ardone-reman-mass-air-flow-sensor/530307_0_0/
Hopefully this link works
Mine is a Bosch brand but I think I ma missing something? Both figuratively and literally.
20150113_132434_zps38edd527.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
at the bottom, that is my airbox, right? left of the battery? Is there suppose to be something plugged into that on top? I can see where something is suppose to attach, but there is nothing.

Ok I can see the A1 cardone [car done?] rebuilt AMM now, and I wouldn't buy it.

I'd way rather take a $60 shot in the dark on a smog fail or running before stacked car in the PnP.

Poking around the internet a bit I can see that you do have a bosch rebuilt unit, my bad, :oops: but take a look at the numbers cast into the black triangular piece and make sure it ends with 007 which is for LH 2.2.

Like this;

photo2_zps3099c3fb.jpg

Or this one from one of the for sale ads I linked to in the WTB LH 2.2 amm thread.

1qm7.jpg

Nope that nipple on the airbox isn't drilled, it's for 'the next guy' whoever that is?

Last edited:
Back