• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 radiator compatibility

TacoSalad

I have a 1994 940 non-turbo which needs a new radiator. As it happens I have a spare radiator from my old 1993 940 turbo. Would that work as a replacement? Both were automatics with bosch fi and ignition. Neither one has a temperature sensor in the radiator.

Oh and as a side note is there any easy way to tell if my 94 940 has the bosch lh 2.4 or the 3.1?

Well, I tried it out and the turbo radiator absolutely does not fit. It's a couple inches taller. Anyone have any tips on buying a new radiator? It seems like my only choice is the plastic and aluminum ones like the one ipd sells, are there any other options?

E-fan 940's. The N/A radiator will fit on the turbo (thought not optimally, and your cooling capacity will be reduced by about 30%)

To fit a turbo radiator onto an N/A car requires taking off the standoffs on your 940 turbo and installing them on the 940 N/A, then remembering that the radiator has a higher capacity vs the NA model, so you will need to keep a close eye on your coolant level.

Back