• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Running just in tank pump.

Volvo69

So can I get rid of my external pump and just run an in tank pump such as a 255 walbro or a dw 300? And what kind of wiring will I have to change? Could I just run the fuel line from the tank then straight to my k jet through the filters?

That's what I have done on my 740 turbo. Had to run a new line from tank to filter for high pressure. I can't remember but I think the wiring was pretty simple. I know kjet operates at a different fuel pressure than LH so maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Ya idk if I'll need to put a PR inline. But my external pumps being a b****. but probably due that and run a new line up to the kjet. Seems simple right?

I would recommend not messing with the pump setup if you are going to run kjet. Bosch is the stuff to use. If you want an upgrade go to a larger pump from Bosch that is used with kjet.

Most all of those aftermarket pumps don't have the fuel volume to run kjet properly at the pressure kjet uses. They also don't run smoothly like the kjet pump and you'll need to keep the fuel accumulator if you do try this. The fuel accumulator smooths the pulses of the fuel pump so the kjet can run properly.

I did this with my 760. I used a Walbro 255. I did opt to rewire the pump completely. I think it's pretty much a given that you'll need to upgrade the existing rubber fuel lines.

I've thought about this with mine as well, and am already running the 255 in-tank. But I've heard that it's not necessarily worth it until your in-line is crapping out. My 255 is noisy as hell, but I've never has any issues with it and it has either quieted or drowned out my in-line pump.

Pretty much is yes do it or no it's pointless. I know the recommended spec for the 244 with kjet is 74-80 psi. How would it cause a problem? Everything's gonna be the same pretty much your just taking both pumps and combining them to be in tank. And of course I'd run new lines.

Back