• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 242 2,5 16v widebody build

got the roll bar in its new place today! new brackets on the axle, and on the frame.. i also finished the coil over brackets etc.. almost finished with the rear suspension ;)

Your rear set up looks just as impressive as your front set up.
I get good results cutting up to 5 mm mild steel with a jigsaw and a semi-fine teeth, straight blade.

The getrag 265 and 262cr aren't crappy, they are just gearboxes from the sixties. It says more about other types and brands that a fifty year old box is considered an upgrade ;)

Your rear set up looks just as impressive as your front set up.
I get good results cutting up to 5 mm mild steel with a jigsaw and a semi-fine teeth, straight blade.

The getrag 265 and 262cr aren't crappy, they are just gearboxes from the sixties. It says more about other types and brands that a fifty year old box is considered an upgrade ;)

i just use the angle grinder ;P then a belt sander for finish!

Getrag 265 and 262cr aint that bad i know, i had a 262 in the car before when i had a 8v turbo in it.. its just not a very good / fast shifter in it... handles a good admount of beating tho!
But i just dont see how a 24.000 dollar holinger 6 speed sequential dogbox could be based on a standard 5 speed from the sixties ;P there is litteraly not a single similarity exept they are both transmissions ;P

There you go.. If the 265 hasnt been invented, nobody would have had the idea of your sixpeed.. Instead they woukd have said.. Hey!!! Lets engineer a 5 speed to reinvent the market of tramsmissions ;)

starting to look like a car again :)

also, finished and painted the "cold air intake" ;P painted it "race car matte black" ;)

How do ya plan on keeping the license plates for the car? it's already doubled the power and nm legal in a 240 in Norway :p

Also, saw ya had trouble with chipping the tint on the headlamps, just thought i'd mention that these things exist
http://www.scstyling.no/hovedlykt-venstre-volvo-240-8193-p-16607-c-7438.aspx

well, i been talking to BT a few times, the Engine, gearbox, rear axle, bucket seats, brakes + is allready pre aproved! not at full power ofcourse, but they said up to 350-400 hp should be posible.. so we`ll see ;)

got the gearbox in place in the car today, so i can get on with the exhaust and the mount for the gearbox :)

cool! I was thinking you'd go up and over the exhaust, but that looks great with the gussets.

i thought about doing that, but it would be a lot harder to make it stiff enough since i would have to go all the way up to the floor panel and back down on the other side of the exhaust... i belive this is the best solution, exept i loose a bit of ground clearance this way

Last edited:
Back