home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #1
poulrais
Board Member
 
poulrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quebec, CAN
Default Quebec's first T6 swap (Maybe)

Here we go... I'm putting in a B6284t in my 1990 740 afiter selling my B230FT + 16V setup. Goals are a reliable 500-600hp/500 lbs of torque, nice handling and breaking. Tranny will be a Nissan 350z cd009. Brains will be MS3 Pro. The rest I'm not certain of anything yet. Picture for teasing:







__________________


1990, Volvo 740 16v +T
1991, Volvo 745T 16V - crushed
build thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=249553
poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
Broke4speed
Board Member
 
Broke4speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Marionville, Ontario, Canada
Default

Nice! I've been drooling over Deeworks' pics .
__________________
1984 B21T (formerly A), AW71(minus L).
Broke4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
poulrais
Board Member
 
poulrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quebec, CAN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke4speed View Post
Nice! I've been drooling over Deeworks' pics .
I've been drooling on his work live!! Next is the Cd009 adapter and shifter relocation. The block is at the machine shop getting decked and a very light hone on the holes... Keeping the stock pistons/rods for now.
poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:06 AM   #4
Broke4speed
Board Member
 
Broke4speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Marionville, Ontario, Canada
Default

Can't wait to see the CD009 adapter .
Broke4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The neighborhood with the ******* guitar player.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulrais View Post
I've been drooling on his work live!! Next is the Cd009 adapter and shifter relocation. The block is at the machine shop getting decked and a very light hone on the holes... Keeping the stock pistons/rods for now.
Do NOT keep the stock rods. OE Cast pistons are fine (made plenty of power with them) but the rods are junk and you'd be crazy to not do them while you are there. It's just not that much expense at this stage.
__________________
Hank Scorpio is from the Simpsons. You can call me Doug ;)
Will trade guitars/guitar parts for go fast goodies or stuff I need. Just PM.
www.kauerguitars.com the second best way to upset neighbors and alienate people.
History: Car 1 (242) | Car 2 (t5r) | Car 3 (255)
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #6
poulrais
Board Member
 
poulrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quebec, CAN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Do NOT keep the stock rods. OE Cast pistons are fine (made plenty of power with them) but the rods are junk and you'd be crazy to not do them while you are there. It's just not that much expense at this stage.
Yeah... I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order a set of HBeam rods for this...
poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #7
Roger-Dee
is DeeWorks.ca
 
Roger-Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sherbrooke, Qc
Default

Do it! Then we can slap a 65mm turbo on there!
__________________
94 944T - 16v turbo - 12,14@122
Lm7 5.3, S475, Ms3Pro, 4l80e - 10,36 @ 134 / 6,70 @ 107
www.deeworks.ca
Need T5 Adapter? T5 Speedometer Plug? Gm Torque Converter Adapter? Freeze plug retainer? HE351 solenoid plug? Pm me!
Roger-Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
dl242gt
Can play the blues
 
dl242gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: S NJ, a suburb of Phila.
Default

Roger and Doug will set it up right!
__________________
Dave,
1982 242 turbo. 340k miles. Good stuff and lots of rust.
1993 245 Classic, 417k miles, enem V15. IPD bars and chassis braces. Simons sport exhaust from Scandix. sbabbs ezk chip. Been a good road warrior. Genuine Volvo rebuilt leaky M47.
dl242gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #9
poulrais
Board Member
 
poulrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quebec, CAN
Default

Clutch setup: Sachs Racing SRE 765 240mm pressure plate and custom sprung 4 puck disk made by Ottawa Clutch (Bully Clutch). The flywheel is a regular NA 850 single mass. I'll use a Luk LSC265B internal slave for a 1999-2000 Camaro T56. Not sure for the master yet. I don't know if the Volvo 740 clutch master would push enough fluid for the internal slave to work correctly.



poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:54 AM   #10
Pasis
Board Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Russia, Kovrov
Default

Cool project!
Pasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:25 AM   #11
Pillow
Sleazebag 7-9 Owner
 
Pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NoVA
Default

Subbed for the journey! GL man!
__________________
#79WDP
2006 XC70 Wagon - "Chuck Feo" - Daughters ride - stock
1992 965 - "Savage Wagon" w LS 5.3 LM7 + LS7 cam + GM T5 swap in progress.
1983 Jeep Cherokee - LS 5.3 LM7 + LS9 cam + SM465 swap in progress
1971 Chevy C-10 w 5.3 LS (LS2 cam) & GM T5 trans
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:36 PM   #12
TurboDenny
Why am I here?
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Default

It's awesome that you're close to DeeWorks to get this stuff made up. I too have been drooling over the block guard pics. Looks like I'll have to ship my block to Canada

Subscribed.
__________________


Instagram: @itstotesdenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEMSFred View Post
Nothing's black magic. Basics to moderate power levels are cake, period. Start off rich and retarded, like your president.
TurboDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:58 PM   #13
poulrais
Board Member
 
poulrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quebec, CAN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDenny View Post
It's awesome that you're close to DeeWorks to get this stuff made up. I too have been drooling over the block guard pics. Looks like I'll have to ship my block to Canada

Subscribed.
I could always get you a cheap block locally so you'd save on the shipping a little!

And yes I feel privileged to have this guy 10 minutes away!! I just hope that people will buy his Volvo stuff so that he wont have to turn to others (read Honda) full time to make a living outta this! He works countless hours in order to be able to come out with these parts that are aimed at such a limited client base! You'd be amazed at the money these Honda guys are spending on their cars compared to us Volvo freaks!!
poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:06 AM   #14
TurboDenny
Why am I here?
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulrais View Post
I could always get you a cheap block locally so you'd save on the shipping a little!

And yes I feel privileged to have this guy 10 minutes away!! I just hope that people will buy his Volvo stuff so that he wont have to turn to others (read Honda) full time to make a living outta this! He works countless hours in order to be able to come out with these parts that are aimed at such a limited client base! You'd be amazed at the money these Honda guys are spending on their cars compared to us Volvo freaks!!
I'm not opposed to that idea at all. Shipping a bare block isn't terrible, but going across that imaginary line up north seems to add to the price substantially.

You can tell DW puts a lot of time into their product. The quality and packaging (i know, sounds ridiculous, but his ish is packaged ridiculously well) Is outstanding. Now I just got to get him to make me up a whiteblock > GM auto adapter
TurboDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:25 PM   #15
Roger-Dee
is DeeWorks.ca
 
Roger-Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sherbrooke, Qc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDenny View Post
I'm not opposed to that idea at all. Shipping a bare block isn't terrible, but going across that imaginary line up north seems to add to the price substantially.

You can tell DW puts a lot of time into their product. The quality and packaging (i know, sounds ridiculous, but his ish is packaged ridiculously well) Is outstanding. Now I just got to get him to make me up a whiteblock > GM auto adapter
Oh that was you asking a few days ago?

"DeeWorks" is just me in his garage with a few machines (and a very comprehensive wife!). I've been quite blessed with the response most of my product/idea received and I'd love to put more time into developing Volvo product. It's true that the local Honda guys are really filling me up with work and I did not ever advertise my services.
Roger-Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:46 PM   #16
poulrais
Board Member
 
poulrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quebec, CAN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger-Dee View Post
Oh that was you asking a few days ago?

"DeeWorks" is just me in his garage with a few machines (and a very comprehensive wife!). I've been quite blessed with the response most of my product/idea received and I'd love to put more time into developing Volvo product. It's true that the local Honda guys are really filling me up with work and I did not ever advertise my services.
Damn ricers!!
poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:51 PM   #17
poulrais
Board Member
 
poulrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quebec, CAN
Default

So... My bores are out of round so I'll have to go 1st oversize with new pistons. Another $1000 to spend!

I'm looking at OEM replacement Top Line cast pistons or forged Wiseco for now...
poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:02 PM   #18
240wagonguy
Board Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Weare, NH
Default

I'm in for updates. Picking up a S90 to part tomorrow and keep the engine for my 740. My hp goals are a bit lower, only really need about 300whp. Kinda interested in the six speed swap as well, I'll be watching that.
__________________
1985 740GLE sedan winter beater Cali car.
240wagonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #19
Hank Scorpio
Chubfest 2009 Survivor
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The neighborhood with the ******* guitar player.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulrais View Post
So... My bores are out of round so I'll have to go 1st oversize with new pistons. Another $1000 to spend!

I'm looking at OEM replacement Top Line cast pistons or forged Wiseco for now...
If you can just get the OEM Mahle's in OS1 or 2 you'll be fine.

This was just forged rods and OE pistons and a T5
Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:42 AM   #20
poulrais
Board Member
 
poulrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quebec, CAN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
If you can just get the OEM Mahle's in OS1 or 2 you'll be fine.

This was just forged rods and OE pistons and a T5
They don't list whiteblock pistons in their catalog...

EDIT: Actually they to have pistons for the B5234t motor on their European website but not on the North America site.

Last edited by poulrais; 04-10-2018 at 07:51 AM..
poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:34 AM   #21
GroanMan
Board Member
 
GroanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal Canada
Default

Subscribed for more awesome goodness!
__________________
245DL 1992
V60 2017
262C 1978 (forever project)
245DL 1991 (parted)
V70 2.5T 2006 (sold)
GroanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:45 AM   #22
poulrais
Board Member
 
poulrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quebec, CAN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroanMan View Post
Subscribed for more awesome goodness!
Better be patient cause this could be a slowwww build!
poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #23
GroanMan
Board Member
 
GroanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulrais View Post
Better be patient cause this could be a slowwww build!
You're such a tease... Lol it's ok, build up the tension to the climactic finish!
GroanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:10 AM   #24
poulrais
Board Member
 
poulrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Quebec, CAN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroanMan View Post
You're such a tease... Lol it's ok, build up the tension to the climactic finish!
Ok! As long as it doesn't involve the Kool-Aid guy!
poulrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #25
phil_quebec
Board Member
 
phil_quebec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LavaL (Quebec), Canada
Thumbs up

Je m'abonne aussi pour admirer la 2e vie de ce bloc
__________________

..: 245 93, 244 93, 244 90, 965 94, 245 84 :..
phil_quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.