• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

18x8 wheel fitment

Matt244

So I'm about to buy a set of new 18x8 wheels the ET is +34 and they have 5x108 lug pattern. I know I'm going to need spacers but how thick will I need to go. I was hoping to just find a kit with longer studs. Also I see everybody runs thicker spacers in the rear. Is the track with narrower it the rear? Just trying get some solid input.

I was thinking a 25mm spacer in front and back would be ok?

25 mm in front will be ok.

25 mm in the back will move your wheels inboard quite a bit. But it'll work. If you want your tires closer to the rear outer fender then you'll likely need to do some sheet metal work. I would put 35 to 40 mm spacers in the rear and trim some inner fender if this was my car.

The rear wheels on my car in this pic are 7.5 inches wide with 35 mm offset and 40 mm spacers.
Dave B.

So that gives you an end ET of around +5. I decided to go with a slightly different wheel that's a ET30 18x8. If I run a 25mm spacer that'll give me an ET of +5. should put my rear wheels out and 1/4" more than yours.

Here's an old pic I found of when I was fitting 17 x 7.5 Eikers (20 mm offset) with a 25 mm spacer behind it. So it was also 5 mm net offset.

With the suspension compressed as you can see in the pic there is a need to trim some sheet metal. The etch line you see is where it got trimmed. That was with 215/45-17 tires. I later trimmed it more when I fit 235/40-17. You want to go with 8 inch wheels. So you would be about 5 mm closer to that outer fender than this pic shows if you shoot for 5 mm offset.

Edit: Or pretty much like what you said. Sounds like you have a handle on this.
So that gives you an end ET of around +5. I decided to go with a slightly different wheel that's a ET30 18x8. If I run a 25mm spacer that'll give me an ET of +5. should put my rear wheels out and 1/4" more than yours.

So you just need to decide if you want your wheels that far to the outside or not.
Dave B

Attachments

• 100_0009-2b.jpg
    100_0009-2b.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
"Here's an old pic I found of when I was fitting 17 x 7.5 Eikers (20 mm offset) with a 25 mm spacer behind it. So it was also 5 mm net offset."
Wouldn't that be -5ET

"Here's an old pic I found of when I was fitting 17 x 7.5 Eikers (20 mm offset) with a 25 mm spacer behind it. So it was also 5 mm net offset."
Wouldn't that be -5ET

Yes, 20ET (20 mm positive offset) wheel with 25 mm spacer equals 5 mm negative offset.
Dave

Back