• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 possible misfire issue

MilesLittlefoot

I recently purchased a 940 turbo 1992 model year and she seems to have a an odd misfire i cannot seem to get rid of every 4th or 5th power stroke there is "fart" for lack of a better term i have replace plugs and wires the exhaust has been replaced with just a cat and a thrush glasspack 2.25 inch cat back. AEM dryflow filter and thats it for engine work work thus far i have a new fuel filter but im not sure that is the issue.

Any thoughts or ideas would be quite helpful at this point.

Could be a million things. Check for codes do a compression test on each cylinder. For good measure run some fuel system cleaner. Then here?s a short list: dirty injectors, bad fpr, vacuum leak, water in fuel, bad cap and rotor, exhaust manifold leak, bad injector ground, cps, carbon on valve stems. But it could be a million more things.

Could be a million things. Check for codes do a compression test on each cylinder. For good measure run some fuel system cleaner. Then here?s a short list: dirty injectors, bad fpr, vacuum leak, water in fuel, bad cap and rotor, exhaust manifold leak, bad injector ground, cps, carbon on valve stems. But it could be a million more things.

I was considering seafoaming the engine or sludgehammer but at 193k miles im not sure if thats the best idea without rebuilding the turbo first

Back