• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ITB or 252, now that is the question

300+_T5R_855

I have a 242 shell that is begging to be finished. The question is which direction to take it. Since the car had an engine fire the wiring is hosed. I am leaning ITB, but not sold just yet.

WWATBMOFODO

itb_252_2s.jpg

itb_252_3s.jpg

itb_252_4s.jpg

itb_252_5s.jpg

itb_252_7s.jpg

itb_252_8s.jpg

pretty sure that's outside required specs.

and 252, of course. how is it even a question?

Outside in what manner? Though ITB is also a class of racing, I took it to mean Individual Throttle Bodies - which could be done on either the 5 cyl engine or the 4 cyl engines that were pictured by the OP.

ITB 5cyl. :)

CJ- Do the 5 cylinder!

I'd love to see your work put into a 240/RWD car regardless whether or not it's a legal race car, but it would be fitting coming from having such a nice 850 for a long time to do a nice whiteblock build.

CJ- Do the 5 cylinder!

I'd love to see your work put into a 240/RWD car regardless whether or not it's a legal race car, but it would be fitting coming from having such a nice 850 for a long time to do a nice whiteblock build.

+1milllionbillion, your t5r is ba-dassssss, and i just love me a whiteblock...in anything,

btw PICS NOT WORKINg!!!!:-(:-(:-(

B6304 with 6-1 header, head work, high compression, cams, DCOEs, M90 and 4.10 rear end... Maybe 4.56 with a V8 T5 transmission... Ok there that's been my secret plan for some stripped 242 some day (well, it used to be for my GT :rofl: ). Now take my plan and show everyone how awesome it was :lol:

I had thought about a v12 Jag engine. I found a cheery donor car for $1000, but no $$$ for that right now. I would still like to do that some day. I like 12 cylinders.

M90 is too hard to find. A T5 or T56 is the trans of choice.

ITB 252 how it should have been prepped.

I won't be at the shop today, but I'll be there tomorrow.

Pics fixed.

I had thought about a v12 Jag engine. I found a cheery donor car for $1000, but no $$$ for that right now. I would still like to do that some day. I like 12 cylinders.

M90 is too hard to find. A T5 or T56 is the trans of choice.

ITB 252 how it should have been prepped.

I won't be at the shop today, but I'll be there tomorrow.

Pics fixed.

If you go outside the brand, find an 850CSI V12 + 6 Speed.... They are not as expensive as I imagined when I checked e-bay and the like.

can you really afford the time and money to have an ITB race car?

I'd opt for the 5cylinder, this is still something you can track and you can drive it daily if you wish...a purpose built ITB might just sit around collecting dust

now that I have a spare 5 cylinder whiteblock, I'd love to throw it into my 242, however, I have way too much money in my B230 and have had no luck selling it, so the redblock it is....

Back