• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My vovlo

What color is your car? BTW....I'm sure this goes both ways, but to have to shift with my left hand would kill me -heehee.

damn.. thinking about it.. that would be Fuc*ed up! I wonder how many crashes are related to US drivers in the left hand shifting area not knowing how to shift properly...

thanks lilwizzel i'd left out the //.

not sure of the offical name for the colour but it's a metalic green that shine purple under torchlight.

when i was kid i used sit besidemy dad and change gear so it always feels more natural with my right hand as well.so i guess i need a left hooker

mike

I actually remeber the first time I saw a RHD car here in the states, it was actually a 850 or a v70. I was pretty young, asleep in our mini-van ( :barf: ) and I woke up and this car was driving by me, but the "driver" was asleep up against the window! I just about shiat myself, took me a couple seconds to realize that is RHD.

Wish I had a picture of my face, it would have been classic.

doug

a lot of the rolls royces and a few bentleys are RHD.

(gear positions and pedal locations are the same iirc, just that you'd use your left hand to shift)

Nice plate!, that's the only turbo 740 I know of in this country

Regarding right/left hand drive, steering with your right hand makes much more sense to me, the only LHD vehicle near me is a really cool yellow camaro, whenever I see it I wonder why there is no driver and then realise :D

I have driven in a couple RHD Bentleys and Rolls Royces. Raven, that's a really nice wagon. I just want euro lighting even more now that I have seen yours.

We get a ton of minis in at the shop I work at, actually quite fun to drive that way, and you get used to it quick. The fun thing is, the shift pattern is the same as would be on a US car, so you are throwing the opposite way, which makes things interesting to say the least. I don't think all of them are like that, maybe not that many, not really sure. We get in plenty of Rolls and Bentleys as well, but I haven't seen one of those in RHD.

Hey dude, some one pulled a fast one on ya and put all the instruments and the wheel on the passenger's side of the car...

;)

I heard from a person who heard it from his mom that she heard on the radio... lol

that UK is considering changing to the "right" side of the road...

lol... is this true? any opinions you brits?

Yeah right like our government would spend money on that, they have much more important stuff to spend millions on, stuff like the millenium dome :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[quote:40efd95c80]Probably none. I'm sure the average idiot is not importing RHD cars. [/quote:40efd95c80]

I think he meant American tourists driving RHD in England :wiggle:

Back