home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 12-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #1
WTF99
Board Member

Question Help for choice the best 19T

Hi,

I like to buy a 19t but which is the best ?
Right, Conical, Angle ?
6cm or 7cm ?

What do you think from this: http://www.arashidynamics.com/products_detail.php?id=75

Thanks all for your help
Old 12-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #2
blkaplan
50 shades of beige

Never conical,

Angled is best but straight is easiest to adapt to RWD.
Originally Posted by DarkKratoz View Post
The only safe bet is Ben.©
blkaplan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #3
WTF99
Board Member

Why not the conical?

The 13c is a conical no ?

That make a real difference ? What for difference ?
WTF99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
90volvo
Board Member

The conical has a smaller outlet. I have the angled and it is way bigger. I would sell mine if you wanted to buy it. It been recently rebuilt with turbo lab of america kit. I have a big T3 that Im wanting to install. No matter what you get you will have to reclock it too.
90volvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
Fa182
Stage 1

Definitely go with the straight or angled. I went with the straight and it couldn't be easier to install. Like said above, the angled requires a bit of a curve on the downpipe.

You can see that the conical is the smallest on this photo from http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpo...1&postcount=11
Old 12-09-2019, 05:05 PM   #6
WTF99
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90volvo View Post
The conical has a smaller outlet. I have the angled and it is way bigger. I would sell mine if you wanted to buy it. It been recently rebuilt with turbo lab of america kit. I have a big T3 that Im wanting to install. No matter what you get you will have to reclock it too.

Thanks but I'm in France I believe that the sell price + shipping make price too high ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa182 View Post
Definitely go with the straight or angled. I went with the straight and it couldn't be easier to install. Like said above, the angled requires a bit of a curve on the downpipe.

You can see that the conical is the smallest on this photo from http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpo...1&postcount=11
Many thanks !!!!

For a perfect fitting I need one angle with 72mm because I have a 76x2mm that make 72mm inside.

Other questions but this time for the turbine 9, 11, 12 blade
Which give the best spool ?
Which gives the highest score in high rpm ?
Old 12-10-2019, 05:46 AM   #7
Sweep
Board Member

Or just sack off the Mitsu crap and buy a decent turbo.
Sweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:05 AM   #8
Fa182
Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF99 View Post
Thanks but I'm in France I believe that the sell price + shipping make price too high ?
Just FYI, I bought 2 turbos from people on here from the US and it was cheaper with shipping and everything to Austria than buying a used one here in Europe. Besides that, I was not even able to find a good used one for quite a while around here.
Fa182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #9
WTF99
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Or just sack off the Mitsu crap and buy a decent turbo.
I believe the 19T 7cm is a good deal for 280/320hp

Quote:
Just FYI, I bought 2 turbos from people on here from the US and it was cheaper with shipping and everything to Austria than buying a used one here in Europe. Besides that, I was not even able to find a good used one for quite a while around here.
If I find good deal in US is ok but I can have the Asahi 19t angle 7cm with 9 blades for 500€ shipping included.

Arashi is not the best manufacturer but is not **** ... of course a Garrett a PT a Borg Wagner is better but is not the same price and I don't be sure that.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #10
Fa182
Stage 1

Quote:
If I find good deal in US is ok but I can have the Asahi 19t angle 7cm with 9 blades for 500€ shipping included.
I bought a used 16T in good condition on here for around 200€ shipped to Austria (bought some other stuff along with it so +/-).
I know you posted a new one, but I couldn't find a used one for that shipped price anywhere in Europe.
Fa182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #11
stevE85
Formerly 1983_242

OP, You could always remove your exhaust manifold and have the raised flanged surface machined off to allow for use with many T3 turbos. It would open up a lot more options that are less money, and going to deliver much better power.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #12
WTF99
Board Member

Quote:
I bought a used 16T in good condition on here for around 200€ shipped to Austria (bought some other stuff along with it so +/-).
I know you posted a new one, but I couldn't find a used one for that shipped price anywhere in Europe.
200€ Is a very good price !

Is someone's at have a 16T or 19T for sale PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevE85 View Post
OP, You could always remove your exhaust manifold and have the raised flanged surface machined off to allow for use with many T3 turbos. It would open up a lot more options that are less money, and going to deliver much better power.
I'm don't want open the engine for forged it.

Witch T3 can work better that the Arashi 19T 7cm 9 blades .... for 500€ / $560 shipping included

A friend tell my that the 7cm is not the best deal because the pressure in exhaust manifold go to high ... have you information of this ?

My exhaust manifold is from 1997
Old 12-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #13
stevE85
Formerly 1983_242

Quote:
200€ Is a very good price !

Witch T3 can work better that the Arashi 19T 7cm 9 blades .... for 500€ / $560 shipping included

A friend tell my that the 7cm is not the best deal because the pressure in exhaust manifold go to high ... have you information of this ?

My exhaust manifold is from 1997
Your friend is right. All TD04(HL) turbos have very small exhaust housings, so they will have higher back pressure. This is why if you choose to use one you will want the angled housing turbo. If you machine the manifold flange flat to the turbo mating surface you can run cheap turbos. Like this... https://www.ebay.com/itm/T3-T4-T04E-...7fc570c5fed085

2-year warranty for $100
stevE85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:03 PM   #14
WTF99
Board Member

100$ for a turbo sorry but find me a feedbacks how the guy at drive 10000 miles with power and without problem and after and only after I buy one.

I prefer make 500/600usd in a turbo with better quality

The best exhaust housing for 19t is the 6cm or 7cm ?

Is for a daily car I don't drive fast every time I want have power to push a little

A other reason why I want buy a 19t is because I have place a order for a big pack from do88 all the piping is included in the big pack
Old 12-10-2019, 04:28 PM   #15
Acke
Board Member

7 is better, the 6 is even smaller. I have a 19T 7 straight flange and it works fine in a daily. It's only slighly slower to spool than the 13C and gives decent power at 1+ bar.
Acke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:45 PM   #16
WTF99
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acke View Post
7 is better, the 6 is even smaller. I have a 19T 7 straight flange and it works fine in a daily. It's only slighly slower to spool than the 13C and gives decent power at 1+ bar.

You have other modifications?

My setup:
TLOA chip
012 AMM
470cc injectors
Do88 big pack
3" exhaust
IPD cam
Cam adjustable pulley

In the same time if I buy the 19t I buy
750cc injector
MSD 45.000volts
Fuel pump GST450K
Old 12-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #17
Acke
Board Member

Custom E85 chips, 668cc injectors, AEM E85 fuelpump, -012 AMM, do88 hoses, KL cooler, 3" DP+cat and simons 2,5"catback. I'd say if you're aiming for 300+hp the 19T is a bit small, but for maybe 250-280 it's a decent choice. It's also a very easy swap since the stock oil and coolant lines fit directly.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #18
WTF99
Board Member

Quote:
Custom E85 chips, 668cc injectors, AEM E85 fuelpump, -012 AMM, do88 hoses, KL cooler, 3" DP+cat and simons 2,5"catback. I'd say if you're aiming for 300+hp the 19T is a bit small, but for maybe 250-280 it's a decent choice. It's also a very easy swap since the stock oil and coolant lines fit directly.

Make a cam that change the car.

E85 that help a lot, in France is a little hard to drive 100% E85 but a flex fuel LH2.4 is not possible

How much boost your run? Have you make the car of a dyno ?
Old 12-11-2019, 04:40 AM   #19
Sweep
Board Member

Quote:

He didn't say open the engine, he said have the manifold flange machined flat to accept a standard T3 flange, then you have a whole world of turbo options, practically all of which are better choices than these old whistles.
Sweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:46 AM   #20
WTF99
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
He didn't say open the engine, he said have the manifold flange machined flat to accept a standard T3 flange, then you have a whole world of turbo options, practically all of which are better choices than these old whistles.
I understood him
I will not put a turbo at 1000usd for spool 200rpm earlier and have 10hp more than with a 19T or so have a turbo capable of 500hp but I can not fully use and have a lot of lag.

The turbo has 100usd I really doubt the quality and I would never take the risk to put this kind of ****

I'm not close to a other turbo but I don't want make other modifications or make a dump valve or a standalone engine management
Old 12-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #21
stevE85
Formerly 1983_242

Quote:
I understood him
I will not put a turbo at 1000usd for spool 200rpm earlier and have 10hp more than with a 19T or so have a turbo capable of 500hp but I can not fully use and have a lot of lag.

The turbo has 100usd I really doubt the quality and I would never take the risk to put this kind of ****

I'm not close to a other turbo but I don't want make other modifications or make a dump valve or a standalone engine management
I wasn't really suggesting you buy a $100 turbo, it was meant more as a joke. But, the turbo I posted is a T3/T4, and my point is that they are very inexpensive. You should look at the exhaust wheel sizes a little closer to get the full picture. The TD04 turbo you posted only has a 45.6mm exhaust wheel. That will ultimately be your choke point, also don't forget the exh manifold flows poorly as does the exh side of the cylinder head.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:30 PM   #22
Acke
Board Member

Quote:
Make a cam that change the car.

E85 that help a lot, in France is a little hard to drive 100% E85 but a flex fuel LH2.4 is not possible

How much boost your run? Have you make the car of a dyno ?
1,4bar boost. Haven't dynoed with this setup, but there's many dyno sheets of similar setups online). I have considered a better cam/head and my chipmaker said there was power to be made above 4trpm, but since I mainly drive in the city/suburbs and shift below 4trpm I haven't swapped yet

There are flexfuel boxes if you want to be able to run LH2.4 on 95 or e85, but I'm not sure I'd trust them on a not so stock car. I run a one on my N/A winter beater.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #23
WTF99
Board Member

Quote:
1,4bar boost. Haven't dynoed with this setup, but there's many dyno sheets of similar setups online). I have considered a better cam/head and my chipmaker said there was power to be made above 4trpm, but since I mainly drive in the city/suburbs and shift below 4trpm I haven't swapped yet

There are flexfuel boxes if you want to be able to run LH2.4 on 95 or e85, but I'm not sure I'd trust them on a not so stock car. I run a one on my N/A winter beater.
There is always power to look somewhere but at what price for what real utility ?

Even with a stock engine I would not trust the flexfuel box

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevE85 View Post
I wasn't really suggesting you buy a $100 turbo, it was meant more as a joke. But, the turbo I posted is a T3/T4, and my point is that they are very inexpensive. You should look at the exhaust wheel sizes a little closer to get the full picture. The TD04 turbo you posted only has a 45.6mm exhaust wheel. That will ultimately be your choke point, also don't forget the exh manifold flows poorly as does the exh side of the cylinder head.

I use google to translate it does not help to understand the jokes

Suppose I take a T3 / T4 I will have to modify the stock manifold exhaust, change the piping of the turbo has the FMIC, change intake hose and put a dump valve right ? I forgot something ?

I have a FK so the 13mm rods in the end with all the changes in addition what am I going to win ?

You belive I can go search 350hp SAFE ?

ps: il y a des français ici ?
Old 12-11-2019, 06:31 PM   #24
stevE85
Formerly 1983_242

Quote:
I use google to translate it does not help to understand the jokes

Suppose I take a T3 / T4 I will have to modify the stock manifold exhaust, (yes) change the piping of the turbo has the FMIC (should just need a silicone adapter coupler), change intake hose and put a dump valve right?(do you mean a compressor bypass valve/blowoff valve?) I forgot something ? (wastegate? you need to get a turbo with an internal WG.)

I have a FK so the 13mm rods in the end with all the changes in addition what am I going to win ? (much less exhaust back pressure=higher efficiency @ lower boost pressure)

You belive I can go search 350hp SAFE ?
(Safe?!... who knows? you're nearly tripling the power output. I'd suspect the engine's life expectancy will be diminished significantly.)I doubt you're doing this for reliability though..

ps: il y a des français ici ?yes