• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Just another B234FT Conversion..

Yey welcome to germany ! :)

Where exactly do you live? And yes: cars pre 10/89 have it a hell?fa lot easier cause they dont need to match any €2 exhaust norms... You lucky one... ;)

Thanks! I live near Trier, on the border with Luxembourg.

That's good news then :). Does that also mean that it doesn't need a catalytic converter?

Hey! Good luck with the legalizational Tuv'ness!! :)

Just a quicky... Would it not be easyer to just weld the V-band on the turbo housing? Or is it just another thing that would not be legal in Deutschland?

Adam

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0192.JPG

DSC_0193.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

Seems, my dog finds it quite boring what i'm doing there.. ;)
DSC_0195.JPG

Last edited:
And yes: cars pre 10/89 have it a hell?fa lot easier cause they dont need to match any €2 exhaust norms... You lucky one... ;)

Wait, what? I have a 1989 740 b234f (stock daily driver) and then a 1991 740 b234ft (project car) that i'm going to try to get through T?V. You saying it would be easier to transplant the b234ft motor into the stock 1989 than get T?V for the 1991?

If your car is pre Octobre 89, then yes.

Why do i dont know ya? From which part of Toitschland you come?

Guess it's getting time to open my own project thread :-)
Short story, from Florida, moved to Chemnitz some years ago and this summer I got around to importing my old project car out of the US.

Aber wegen der Hauptuntersuchung, I know the guys that run the local DEKRA, so I'll just wait and see. Worst case scenario I'll end up swapping motors, but the 1991 is a sedan, and the 1989 a wagon :-(

Welds are looking great!

Oh and I saw your PM, (sadly) I don't work there anymore! They are very busy, but I can always ask! :)

would be awesome :) i need flanges and they are expensive as f[]ck.. :D

Great? Meh.. i fail hard sometimes.. but dat rainbowfinish :D

I think one of my winterprojects will be s squirter mod... i just realized i dont have any.. and i want.. and wiringloom.. engine out.. 2 flies 1 clap.. yaknow? ;)

Meh.. it has leak...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s0S_Lic78Yc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great job on the welding. That downpipe looks really great.

Great vid too! Your engine looks amazing.
Too bad the exhaust is leaking. I hope you can fix it soon, so you can get the T?V approval.

It sounds like it's really hard to get an approval for a modified car in Germany.
I hope i'll have more luck with the RDW when i need to get my engine swap approved.

Thx... i really appreciate your comment :) Even more from one guy out of the B234FT Brotherhood ;)

I don't know why this bitch is leaking.. the 8v gaskets are new and the 16v gaskets haven't been touched at all along the progress.. dammit..

And yes.. it is really hard to do such things here in germany unless you don't have a pile of money you can throw with :D And you need to know "guys" who know "guys"

Back