• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 Madness

caffnated_madness

Jazzhands, not jizzhands
Ok, so I bought Mike G.'s (drivensydeways) 242 a while ago:

4059588223_7da0719688.jpg

1981 242ti, b21ft, m46, with a grp. a hood and grill.

needed some things:

-steering rack (old one was toast)
-windshield
-alternator (not charging)
-exhaust from the turbo back
-front brake hoses
-clutch slippage
-has rust issues

so i got to work right away.

sitting next to a 1956 buick super, awaiting its fate:
3991930978_94970b3e04.jpg

oh yeah, and no A/C. this pump is getting taken out soon:
3991182847_7ec7952cb4.jpg

eventually this thing fell out.
3991937792_6254b9a0bd.jpg

working hard:
3991941614_c69055cc74.jpg

done so far:
-transmission dropped, new fluid and recut flywheel
-fixed some interior harness issues
-new starter motor, newish ignition switch, fixed that
-new steering rack
-NEW alternator, works like a charm! took 5 tries...
-new tires!
-installed stereo

Future:
-'90+ manifold (picked one up 4/22)
-15g (2fast has one, just have to pay for it)
-newer interior
-2.5" exhaust, turbo back, cat delete
-body work. needs some kinda bad. :roll:

just a DD'er, to get to school and work, so no huge plans in the works. :cool:

Last edited:
Nice, I like the front end. You're pretty young too right?

im 17 on the 30th of april. getting alot of help from my dad, brian (2fast242gt) and mikey g (drivensydeways). and of course all the other tB guys.

I actually threw in another alternator today, no worky. 3 alt.'s so far, and another on the way. I also got alot of parts from mike, including a cam : (just says "L" on the end)
4077160734_66f3365a57.jpg

thread:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=186688

thanks for the kind words so far! :)

this car is schweet. take a pic of pedo bear. that alternator i gave you.. ughhh it would have worked if that screw didnt break.. then you could have just cleaned it and ran it! where the screw broke try drilling and tapping the case. its only aluminum, really not much of anything should get inside. after blow it out with your air gun, aluminum wont stick to the magnets so it should blow right out, sorrt about that dude....

this car is schweet. take a pic of pedo bear. that alternator i gave you.. ughhh it would have worked if that screw didnt break.. then you could have just cleaned it and ran it! where the screw broke try drilling and tapping the case. its only aluminum, really not much of anything should get inside. after blow it out with your air gun, aluminum wont stick to the magnets so it should blow right out, sorrt about that dude....

lul i will. domo also hangs out inside :lol:

ill see if my dad would be open to this...that guy wants 35 for his alt. and buzz was gonna let me have one of his for 20...ill try tapping and stuff first. i totally blanked taht the case was aluminum, and it should be a big deal. :oops: onwards...

lul i will. domo also hangs out inside :lol:

ill see if my dad would be open to this...that guy wants 35 for his alt. and buzz was gonna let me have one of his for 20...ill try tapping and stuff first. i totally blanked taht the case was aluminum, and it should be a big deal. :oops: onwards...

damn.... see now min was a reman as i told ya. if you keep buying all these and you have problems... your gona spend 75+ on these shatty alternators. get a nice ebay unit cheep and rebuilt and be done. or fix the one i sold ya, new screw and be done.

Back