• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

In that vein, I have a bunch of scrap wiring, connectors, and heat shrink left over that are still in very useable shape, plus all of the electrical tools that I amassed in the process. Does anybody have any neat quick-access storage solutions for that sort of stuff?

I've become a big fan of the HF storage cases. This guy and the bigger one as well: https://www.harborfreight.com/19-bin-portable-parts-storage-case-93928.html

They stack well, and sort of interlock.
I'm moving all my AN and plumbing tools into one, and then all the electrical tools into another.

Looks like you'll have it finished in time for the Scandinavian Auto Show in Junction City! :) :lol:

Ha, no chance. It is 3 months expired on registration and has zero tune and maybe 20 min runtime on the engine total.

right now I just have some stacked on a shelf but ideally I'll have a nice box someday with room to drop them in. The partition walls go up to the lid though so it's fully segregated, you can shake 'em up without mixing things up. Have also thought about buying another tackle box/bag and basically making a carry-around wiring kit too.

See Robert's solution up theres. Is nice.

Build me a wagon and ill come pick it up

I'll get around to it once I sell the V70, flip another car, and buy myself an adult-level regular ass car.

Will do. I used to watch Tested a bit but it's too focused on costume/prop design to keep my attention.

Dyed/sprayed some interior components black. Will be sticking on some sound insulation around the sides and floor, and running wires to a trunk popper kit I bought last year.

1ejK7twh.jpg

yPejD4Th.jpg

Dye/spray came out well, did you dye the leather shift boot?

I got a similar storage box to the amazon link above, but for much cheaper, and probably not as tough at Joann Fabrics. It has 3 removable storage containers in the bottom, the top opens up and has storage trays. It only comes in girly colors but whatever, it works great. I think it was less than $50.

Ended up with this guy and put the tools and bulkier stuff in a fabric tool bag I usually set aside for JY runs. Also got a wall mount bin rack. Might not be good enough to hold the 100 lbs of random bolts and nuts I have stuffed in a bench drawer now. May have to get an actual bin drawer for that.

Had some adapter brackets waterjet cut based on some drawings that T8fanning kindly provided. They were a pain in the ass to bend with a vise and sledgehammer but they put the chairs at the perfect height with a nice amount of setback. Legroom for rear passengers *may* be slightly compromised at this point though.

Oh yeah, and moved the car fore and back a couple feet using its own power. This officially means it's now a car and no longer a glorified storage shelf!

yecbzf1h.jpg

iTfFgvYh.jpg

vfB6r2Sh.jpg

6wDkwOqh.jpg

9CPFTj0h.jpg

Those Recaros look fantastic, glad she moved under her own power!

Thank you!!! They were a fluke. I originally planned on using a different set altogether!

Nice progress, keep at it man. Momo Grand Prix I see!

Thanks dude! Took a few months for the burnout to wear away!

The wheel is a Super Grand Prix :oogle: difference is that the aluminum is chromed rather than brushed. It was kind of a gamble as the design looks polarizing in pictures, but it's an awesome looking wheel!

As it happens, the D514 coils are a much better fur with this bracket combined with the BNE strut tower. One long ecening of shopping yielded four Delphi brand coils in bulk packaging for $70 shipped off Amazon, 1" spacers, 1.75" hex cap screws, and 3 home depot runs later, they are in. Got a full 1/2" clearance now. Nice.

I also attempted to drive it around the block but settled for one house over and back it into the driveway. I really need to look closely at my fuel pressure. I need to flush the oil cooler too as I never cleaned it after taking it out of the previous motor. Oops.

F5hW6xxh.jpg

9MoTsVIh.jpg

9hyGNVih.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/jKhjpS0bEFg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back