• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

A 242ti from one Nick to another...

DSC01238.JPG

DSC01239.JPG

DSC01240.JPG

DSC01241.JPG

So it runs pretty decent for me not having a clue how to tune MS. The IAC valve I cant seem to make work, but its not that important right now. I'm going to see about registering the car and getting insurance on it pretty soon. I've still got a handful of little jobs to finish up before then anyway. Primarily, I need to make an exhaust for this thing because the open downpipe is LOUD. I can't freaking wait to drive it. :cool:

Last edited:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6CRvti6KmA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6CRvti6KmA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Idles properly now and doesn't foul plugs on cold starts. The JAW wideband is working nicely and I've got the accel enrichments a little more in the ballpark. I've made a couple of open downpipe, illegal, renegade drives around the neighborhood and its such a cool feeling. The holset sounds amazing with the open downpipe. I found out why the E-fan isnt working (wired into the wrong spot, doh!) and fixed a couple vacuum leaks. I'm going to have to spend my next day off finishing up the wiring for the gauges, speedo, foglights, tach signal, and extra functions (clutch switch, table switch, etc).

One thing I'm having a hard time with is the MS having a really bouncy coolant temp reading. I might go back and make sure thats grounded properly.

The knockoff SSQV sounds pretty amazing now that I've got the engine revving somewhat.

Oh, and to all the nay-sayers about MS and idle quality, I'm running the IPD cam in that motor w/ the IAC still not hooked up. Not bad, if you ask me.

BTW, that clutch is hilarious. I embarrassed myself in front of my neighbors pulling that car up the driveway as I stalled it 3 times. Oh well, hopefully it holds nice at lots of boost.

I think the FL caravan to SE this year will be pretty cool indeed :) Somehow I have a feeling I'll be driving 10 hours down from NC just to drive up to the thing with you guys.

I've had a whole bunch of other stuff going on in my life lately. I just moved to a new house, purchased a new DD, facing some work issues, getting ready for school, etc. etc. I'm also working out a couple titling issues with it so I can get it legal. I have driven it around quite a bit and its such a blast. I'm stockpiling some flat black paint right now and it'll be getting the uniform color treatment before too long.

I have had the ambition to get it done, especially since my roommate got his project car going.

1000556sq8.jpg

1000584my9.jpg

(you can see some of my TB-style input in that last pic if you look closely)

Hopefully, we'll get to take our flat black monsters to the track for some shake'n'bake action.

I ordered the rest of the stuff I need to hook up my gauges and ms-extra functions and in the next couple days I'll get a 3" straight thru and some mandrel U bends from work to make an exhaust for it.

When I drove it from my old house to this one (illegally, I might add...) I had the boost set at stock. Even at 7 psi the thing was damn quick. I fiddled with the timing a little at stoplights and got it a lot more drivable. The clutch on this thing is retarded-awesome. I still stall it moving the car around the driveway :rofl:

Last edited:
Up until now, the exhaust for this car has consisted of this, and this alone:

DSC00008.JPG

Needless to say, it was a bit obnoxious. Heres a pic of my solution to HX35 boost control issues:

DSC00009.JPG

So, I spent a little money at work and rounded up all my residual 3" plumbing from past products and came up with this:

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

I used this muffler on my last car, and that system now resides with isaac. I love it because it sounds fantastic, plus:

DSC00012.JPG

Did a little chopping on that original downpipe:
DSC00014.JPG

I then welded the flex section on and one of the extension pieces I had. At this point, I realized I would need another couple of feet of 3" before I attatch the resonator. I figured I'd start working from the back then I realized that I'm missing some hangers. I'll pick the rest of the stuff up at work today and finish this project up tomorrow, hopefully.

My last car looked like this:

volvo1sm.JPG

Those that heard the exhaust knew how awesome it was, and I'm basically duplicating it on this car. But anyway, I'll post more pics and a vid once I get more stuff done.

DSC00015.JPG

I finished that pipe up pretty quick today once I got the hangers. It tucks pretty tight up against the body but still has enough clearance where it shouldn't hit the body and vibrate.
DSC00019.JPG

This time I used two hangers for that center muffler section and I'm glad I did. It doesn't move around at all.

Installed, it looks like this:
DSC00018.JPG

Next, I had to make the around-the-axle section. This was my least favorite part the last time. Fortunately, I learned from that experience, and it went much quicker this time.

DSC00020.JPG

I must say, I love that its quiet. I've done the loud car thing in the past, and I'm so done with it.

hey nick its nick, that toyota is sweet, needs more flames thou .

Hey man, thanks a bunch for helping with the paperwork issues. I got the title yesterday.

The yota is the ****. Probably one of the most exciting cars I've been in.

norcal, thanks for the comment! I love the IC. And I love even more that most people wont see it with my current front bumper. Sleepers are the best.

Back