• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Evo X Brembo calipers vs. 60/70R

mopar318

Does anybody know if the brembo calipers on the Evo X are the same as the volvo units?

I am looking to do a brake upgrade on my 240, and wondering if they would work in place of the volvo units as they are easier to find.

I will be making my own brackets, so the mounting pattern does not have to match, but I would be afraid if the mounting pattern was too close it might not clear the bracket.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed3e39616&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-04-Vol...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce6c685ab&vxp=mtr

If they are looking at evolutionm.com would be a good source. I don't have any of the evo X stuff, but the 7, 8 and 9 largely works on the Galant I race with.

On the set of Evo 8 calipers I have, the rotor only sets to the inside by 3/4" or so, I would estimate that they are pretty close to the same. I could actually grab my old caliper bracket for my old brakes and line it up to my 240 and get pictures of how close it is. However that is for the older stuff and I'm not sure how much, if any, they changed the brakes on the X's.

Any model evo would work. All I need to know is the spacing between the mounting holes. They won't bolt up to the 240 without adapter brackets, but If you have the brembo adapters please do see if they mate up.

The evo stuff seems to be more or available and with much less miles. The R calipers seem to all have really high mileage.

That is touchy, in theory you should be able to fit 16"s but the spoke and hoop design are a major limiting factor.

I can measure the bolt spacing for the 7, 8, 9 calipers if you would like me to.

I'll measure it out and take pictures. For reference if you need a cheap example of the bolt spacing you can get the caliper brackets off of a late 00-03 Galant, or a 00-05 eclipse for super cheap from a junkyard.

They're expensive now. Too bad. I have one good one and one with a seized piston. I decided to just get the Porsche kit instead.

A local guy has these for sale.... hmmmm.

10377604_10152635229075325_1346111292495802138_n.jpg

Based on a lot of research I have been doing, it looks like the new Brembo Calipers from the Cadilac ATS will work well in the 240 Apliction. The drawback, if you would call it that, is that Pistons are 42mm VS. 38mm stock pistons. That is a 20% increase that might require a different master cylinder.

The pros? $120 Each Brand new, and they are designed for a more mild 12.6" rotor. That gives a little more clearance for 17's.

You may ask why I don't just source some R calipers for the front. I am doing another design project for a class in my last semester. I took senior design last semester, so this is more of a simple design project.

Picture of said calipers.

ats_2.jpg

Back