• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cage Fight #5 scca rules

reeferman

broad member
just started on it at 2 today and i hope to have it done by sunday

pa120007gw8.jpg

pa120006ah7.jpg

Since I didn't show up at 8am (hey, I was only 6 hours late... :oops: ) we didn't get as far as Tony wanted, but I'm happy with how far we got in only 4-5 hours. Tomorrow will be a long day. :omg: Especially if I'm nursing a hang-over! :-P

looks pretty sweet man!

What material are you using? I am guessing 1-5/8" x 0.125" mild?

Everything looks long/thin but bet it's because I am used to seeing cages in smaller cars. :-D

Looks great guys.

What is your main hoop plate welded on? floor pan & rocker? Were you able to get behind the tubing to weld? I was leary when I was going to weld mine there. I put it right on top of the trailing arm mount thinking it would help with something, but don't think it did.

What do you use to bend your tubing? Have access to one of those high dollar benders or do you use one of those cheap mandrel & hand jack deals? Hole saw fixture for the fish mouths?

Looks great guys.

What is your main hoop plate welded on? floor pan & rocker? Were you able to get behind the tubing to weld? I was leary when I was going to weld mine there. I put it right on top of the trailing arm mount thinking it would help with something, but don't think it did.

What do you use to bend your tubing? Have access to one of those high dollar benders or do you use one of those cheap mandrel & hand jack deals? Hole saw fixture for the fish mouths?
Main hoop plate is welded to floor and rocker. We place the hoop next to the rocker so we can weld around the hoop up the rocker.

Tony has a high dollar bender. Those cheap ones aren't really mandrel benders and won't work. There is no cheap way to do mandrel bends. Harbor freight hole saw fixture for the fish mouths. It sucks and probably is the slowest part of the entire process. A nicer one of those would be recommended if you plan on doing more than one cage, but will work if you are just trying to get by.

Cage is about 75% done. Still a few cross tubes/misc tubes I want to add and still lots of welding to do. Ran out of materials and time really. Takes at least 4 sticks of tubing, preferably 5 to get it done. Tony had about 3 1/3 and it's just not enough. I'd say it takes us 20-24hrs worth of work to do one complete.

I'd like to thank Tony, Tonya and their family for putting up with me and Tony for doing most of the work on the cage of course.

Throw in a 3rd seat and you can still haul the kids around.

I assume it will be getting another bar down low across the base of the main hoop for side impact protection. Any triangulation across the halo? Got any pictures of the a-pillar/firewall area? It's looking pretty good so far...too bad it's in a wagon though. :-P

Back