• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Right front clunk 80' 245 dl

haines1100

Hey all. Just picked up my car yesterday with 123k on the clock. When I go over speed bumps there's a pretty loud clunk in the right front. Haven't really looked at it yet but I'm new to the old Volvos so is there a common problem I should be looking for?

Clunk at higher speeds going in a straight line....hmmm....worn sway bar bushings or shocks.

You should post this in maintenance section.

Could also be a loose gland nut, would cause the shock/damper to bounce around. Happened to me once when I didn't tighten them down hard enough :oops:

Just get it checked. Among other things it could also be a bad ball joint - not something you want having a catastrophic failure while you're driving (ask me how I know).

Get a pro to take a look and tell you what you are dealing with.

Just get it checked. Among other things it could also be a bad ball joint - not something you want having a catastrophic failure while you're driving (ask me how I know).

Get a pro to take a look and tell you what you are dealing with.

this. Jack up the front end and check the ball joints. Tie rod ends can also make a clunking noise if worn enough.

If I push down on the front right fender I can hear it right as it initially dips. It sounds like it's in the shock, so I'm guessing it's shot.

The whole thing bounces like a worn out ho haha. I checked sway bar end links and those bushing were solid but I'll check the saddle bushing tomorrow

Back