• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2000 v70xc se differences?

oldnfast

I?m picking up a 2000 v70xc for use as a parts car and noticed it?s also badged SE. I didn?t notice anything different that stood out on the car versus my 00 v70xc. Anyone know what?s different?
Thanks

The SE is pretty much just a fully loaded XC. Usually have a wood grain insert steering wheel, heated rear seats, and most of the other "premium" options.

Thanks for the reply?s guys. Once I got it home and looked it over I kinda guessed the wood and the 16 inch wheels we?re part of the SE package. I decided the car is way to good to part out, just needs tires, cam seal, and the flame trap replaced. My back is hurting already with that one!
Didn?t notice heated rear seats, gotta go check for that.

Thanks for the reply?s guys. Once I got it home and looked it over I kinda guessed the wood and the 16 inch wheels we?re part of the SE package. I decided the car is way to good to part out, just needs tires, cam seal, and the flame trap replaced. My back is hurting already with that one!
Didn?t notice heated rear seats, gotta go check for that.

Heated rears were still an option

I checked doesn?t have them, damn. I?m still not too familiar with these cars so didn?t know that was available. This generation v70?s are still plentiful in the junkyards so maybe I?ll find them. Haven?t seen a 240,740,940 in the yards in ages.

Wouldn't hold your breath on finding heated rears at the JY. Bit of a rare bird - never seen any myself.

XC is a decent ride. Have what you just got since new. Bit of a love/hate kinda car. Maintenance is a bear, but once you work out ALL of the kinks, it's much nicer. On top of the usual high mileage white block maintenance, after 150k mi, expect to need a new/salvage tranny, some ignition key stuff, fuel pump relay, bevel gear reseal or rebuild, driveshaft rebuild, likely some AC recharge, and a head rebuild.

On the plus side, the thing performs fantastic when you hit a turkey and going 80. Most it did was peck out my fog light lense

Back