• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

760 turbo vs. 960

A

Anonymous

hey guys whats the difference between theses 2 motors are the motors interchangeable can i swap them as if they were the same?? whats the difference? thankz a million

I looked & looked for 940 SEs for sale. I don't know the difference between the two? Hydras, LSD, & a spoiler ?

Get the turbo 4cyl.... the 6 cyl is IMHO garbage.
:beer:

PS. It says I am a newbie... :squint:

[quote:93d5d8f74b]I looked & looked for 940 SEs for sale. I don't know the difference between the two? Hydras, LSD, & a spoiler[/quote:93d5d8f74b]
Defference between what? Between it and a 940 or 960 or 760. The difference between it and a 960 is the motor that's about it, it may have LSd, but it likely has the locking diff. Some 960's got hydras aswell, and some 940SE's didn't so who knows? The 940Se has the cooler hood that tucks the wipers under it and the cool dashboard of the 960. THe sedans got the IRS, and I am not sure if 960 wagons got IRS, but I doubt it, I know the sedans did. I would get a 940 turbo unless you want the auto climate control, that is really the only feature you will get on a 960 or 940Se, other than that there is about nothing else worth noting. If you are into gadgets then teh 960 is your car, but be prepared to fix them and fix teh motor when it breaks $$$, I ahve enough electronics to fix on my less fancy 940.

so the difference between the 760 turbo and the 960 turbo is that it has different motors??? thankz guys

spider69911 said:
so the difference between the 760 turbo and the 960 turbo is that it has different motors??? thankz guys
960 Turbo is a nonexistent thing, the 960 motor was turboed and put in the S80 T6. All RWD turbos in north america had a turbo 4cyl redblock.

945ti said:
[quote:9068bf9601="spider69911"]so the difference between the 760 turbo and the 960 turbo is that it has different motors??? thankz guys
960 Turbo is a nonexistent thing, the 960 motor was turboed and put in the S80 T6. All RWD turbos in north america had a turbo 4cyl redblock.[/quote:9068bf9601]

So the S80 uses the same engine as the 960? Are the mounts different? How difficult would it be to drop the twin-turbo engine into a 960?

In theory, the S80 and 960 engines are same. Little advanced the S80 engine, but basicly same.

Also 760 and 960 has both that "Multilink" rearend. 960 rearend is better, or little different than 760. But in turbos, turbos has that "normal" rearend, no Multilinks in turbos.

Back