• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

fuel system upgrades faq

Many of the injectors listed in here have started to become hard to find, what are some injectors from the late 80s and early to mid 90s that are common now?

I notice most of what is mentioned in this thread is what was common about 5-7 years ago in yards.

Mid 90's that we can use? almost nothing.

Injectors are getting semi cheap these days it just makes more sense to save up for a set of used newer injectors or a new set. Some of these brown tops and CFI's are going on 25+ years old.

im sure this question has been asked to death, and ill get some UTFSE or GTFO, but, does anyone feel like telling me what injectors i can use (out of what cars) without resistors, or without custom needed parts like the browntops need spacers? and what size said injectors would be?

or where can you get the spacers for browntops???

basically what injectors can i just solder on and use?

this is for my 93 940T

Last edited:
do the 402 injectors only come in 80-85 mustangs?? Cuz do u know how hard it is to find two of those same cars unmolested? Do they come in trucks with v8s or what??

Anything made by ford with the CFI style intake, so a Lot of vehicles ... a LOT. Once you know what you are looking for you see it everywhere

Bumpin this up. Going to a 044 next week when it shows up. Who knows what size the stock fuel line is before and after pump, so I don't have to check?

isn't the 044 an external pump? are you addressing the issue of getting enough fuel out of the tank?

OH i was confused lol, the CFI's need spacers, and those are the injectors i would like to find because it sounds like they are a better injector (finer, wider spray pattern), so where can i find the spacers needed to make the CFI's work?

OH, and can anyone post a pic up of a CFI intake, because i wouldnt know what one looked like so that would help a lot in my search for injectors apparantly LOL

Last edited:
why don't people just buy new injectors?

also anyone run adjustable FPR? Fixed not rising rate.

Just wondering what models people have used / like.

I'll find some #'s on the ford low z injectors. I used the 46lbers on my 2.3 t ford and they worked well with e85 and 16lbs of boost with the .63 ar t3, and a good stock fuel system. The cfi cars regulators are easily made adjustable as well (more than likely won't work with the volvo fuel rail though???)

OH i was confused lol, the CFI's need spacers, and those are the injectors i would like to find because it sounds like they are a better injector (finer, wider spray pattern), so where can i find the spacers needed to make the CFI's work?

OH, and can anyone post a pic up of a CFI intake, because i wouldnt know what one looked like so that would help a lot in my search for injectors apparantly LOL

you can just double the o rings up on the bottom. It works!

People use these injectors as you can find them all day long for $40 shipped or hit the jy and get them yourself. Most remove by busting the rail with a hammer and plucking right out but I'm sure the jy owners would not approve

They were in all rwd Fords with the 5.0 Engine for the larger CFI's, the smaller CFI's were in the v6 fords.

IIRC the way you will see most RWD fords in the junkyard is either Carb, CFI, or EFI (5.0 style intake) Anything that is EFI with the newer setup are all to small injectors. And being that Carb does not really have injectors you get everything inbetween.

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...1&sa=1&q=Ford+CFI&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

The CFI engines look like carb'd setups as they still have a normal air cleaner on top, but once you remove it things look a bit different

k- REAL quick question-- RED TOP FORDs from a t-bird super coupe--work as drop ins on an 89 740 with stock NA computers and a bolt on turbo from a 940?no resistor packs etc

or would i need the resistors?the search thing is hurting my head after repeated attempts at finding a "simple" answer,sorry

Bumpin this up. Going to a 044 next week when it shows up. Who knows what size the stock fuel line is before and after pump, so I don't have to check?

I'd like to know this as well. Specifically the line going from the tank to the main pump/filter. I have a walbro in tank and i found that the line is starting to deteriorate so I'd like to replace it with a high pressure line.

Photo Comparison: In-Tank Fuel Pumps

Recently, several new contenders have entered the high flow, high pressure fuel pump market for in-tank solutions. Of course, the reining popular choice is the Walbro 255 LPH pump, which is able to fit in countless fuel pump hangers with minor adjustments or small installation kits.

Deatschwerks and Aeromotive, two companies that are experienced in fuel delivery, have thrown their name into the ring with 300 LPH and 340 LPH, respectively, in-tank fuel pump solutions. As this featured chart shows, the actual flow data is slightly different from what is being claimed, so we want to make sure each customer is educated.

fuel-pump-comparison-1.jpg

Can anyone provide some quick advice on a nice injector upgrade for a 1992 940 Turbo that's compatible with the stock fuel rail? Planning on going to the junk yard soon and am not sure what to look for (even after skimming this long thread lol).

Much thanks,
-Snipe

Easy drop-in is some Ford browntops from a 2.3t in the turbo coupe's and xratti's. You can also step up to a Chrysler 4-bar FPR from I believe it's the 2.5T Dodge. Bumps the stock injectors to around #34.

Back