• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Which Year Volvo Red Block

R3LLI1

I have decided to do an engine swap and was wondering opinions on what (4 cylinder) year Red Block should I buy. I'm thinking of a 93-94 but not sure any suggestions?

How does this look? http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5470038043.html

1992 Volvo 940 Turbo (Price reduced from $600) - $300 (Westbrook)

I am looking to sell my 1992 Volvo 940 Turbo. The car needs to have an exhaust gasket, left front headlight assemble, suspension work (rear swaybar link) and exhaust work to take a sticker, but the car is a tank and will run forever once these repairs are made. I would have no problem driving this car from one end of the state to the other in its current condition, but with no sticker it's a police magnet.

Please note that the car itself is free of any signifegant rust and it still has the origional 940 aluminum mags. I would do the work myself, but I don't have the time or the money to so. Worst case scenario this car is good as a race car, demolition derby car or just for parts.

Please note this is a pre 1995 car and does not require a paper title for sale. I am the sole owner and want the car gone.

01414_82MNdKr4GX0_600x450.jpg

:nod:

$300 is what the Hydras are worth and a free B230FT to go plus whatever you can make parting it and $50 for the scrap shell.

The rims look like crap why would anyone pay $300 for them?

Hydras, clean and with the center caps, are sought after for upgrading from steelies. Many feel they are nice looking

1343052252054-300x224.jpg

volvo-200-07.jpg

I agree with Redwood Chair - looks like a good donor for cheap, with perks for part-out.

The rims look like crap why would anyone pay $300 for them?

Those are the only factory 16" wheels that are relatively easy to find and fit RWD Volvos without modifications.

I was looking around I don't know if there is a DOHC turbo varient. Is there?

There is a US market DOHC engine, it is N/A and has a funky block with weird engine mounts and balance shafts. Its better to put that head on a regular volvo engine if you want to use it. There was not a DOHC turbo engine in the US so you have to adapt something to mount a turbo to the head.

Why all that hate for 16v blocks?

Funky recalled oil pump gear likes to break and take out the timing belt. Balance shafts are extra weight or its more work to block off the oil passages for. You have to swap the crossmember to get it mounted in a 7/900. The rotating assembly is fine.

For $95, it is a good measure to replace the sprocket, along with the belt upon aquisition.
Balance shafts are a pain indeed, but really a 30 minute job to get rid of with engine out.
I give that crossmembers are a pain indeed, just never bothered me since I've got enough 16v cars laying around the house anyway.
I think better oil pump and windage/girdle drop in make it worthwile...

Back