• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Which Year Volvo Red Block

Those are the only factory 16" wheels that are relatively easy to find and fit RWD Volvos without modifications.

There is a US market DOHC engine, it is N/A and has a funky block with weird engine mounts and balance shafts. Its better to put that head on a regular volvo engine if you want to use it. There was not a DOHC turbo engine in the US so you have to adapt something to mount a turbo to the head.

True... the DOHC in the U.S. is hard to find and sounds worse than buying a regular B230 and finding DOHC cams and adapting them.

The 8V / 16V cams don't swap back and forth.

Thanks for telling me. I plan to swap an engine into a Volvo 122 and the redblock seems like the best option but If I'm going to swap an engine I want it to making more than 200hp because the B18 comes stock with I believe is 110-118hp.

Thanks for telling me. I plan to swap an engine into a Volvo 122 and the redblock seems like the best option but If I'm going to swap an engine I want it to making more than 200hp because the B18 comes stock with I believe is 110-118hp.

closer to 80-90 out of a b18

They are super light with gears that are great for 1/8th mile drags. In stock form they actually do pretty good on the 1/8th for a 4 cyl 50 year old car.

He doesn't know that and it has been on craigslist for over a month.

Be fair. 88 is LIKELY small mains and tiny 9mm rods..Small mains were 55mm dia. Later---and earlier were like 62.5mm...and the later B230 blocks got not big rods--it is absurd to call them that, rediculous actually but "less spastacularly scary" little rods...
If you want to beat him down mention its the small main/small rod.

But be a human, what goes around and all that--

Somebody had to pull it. That's worth something---the 5 speed is worth something.

Greed comes home to roost and its the stingy man who pays the most.

Last edited:
http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/5451819710.html
1988 volvo 240 complete motor & 5 speed transmission - $500 (Windham)

? craigslist - Map data ? OpenStreetMap
(google map)

condition: good
make / manufacturer: Volvo
model name / number: 240

Volvo 240 red block with roughly 180 on motor and trans. 5 speed transmission. Comes with all acessory drive and fan clutch. Also with engine wiring with ecm. Motor and trans in good working condition. $500 obro

Last edited:
Back