• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Blahblahblah..search function doesn't work..blahblahblah

MasterBlaster

I'm sure it's been mentioned a million times already.
Here's one more.

Searched for "search", got a bajillion hits.
Searched for "P80", got zero.
Searched for "850", got zero.
This is despite a brand-new (6 hours ago) post in Maintenance with "P80" in the title, and "850" in the body. Same results if searching from inside the M-forum, or from the "Main" index.

* Edit *
Apparently can't find "740" either, but "740t" is no problem. Must be a 3-character thing. Kind of silly, as most of our cars only have 3 characters. 240 242 244 245 740 744 745 760 780 940 944 945..........

Last edited:
Wanted to publicly complain about the 4-character search minimum when searching on the "For Sale" section for parts, because googling site:turbobricks.com does not return for sale section results.
Examples of things I cannot search for in the "for sale" section:
"Fog"
"ECU"
"EZK"
"IPD"

...etc...

Yeah, the google search won't work on restricted forums that Google can't see.

Just use the wildcard. Look for fog* instead of fog

I'm not sure it includes length, but my wayback memory is that a bunch of functionality was turned off/limited back when the hosting was janky and TB was super slow, in an attempt to improve performance. I'd search to verify, but... :e-shrug:

:-P

I agree that our search functionality is a bit sad.

M.

I just had to use the site:turbobricks.com search to find a thread I started about a year ago...it wasn't in my stats anymore for some reason

Back