• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Trunk Trim Clips Replacement

xDread92x

From research I have discovered that apparently for the new style clips you slide them into the trim vertically then rotate them to lock in place.

My first question is how do you remove the old clips still inside the trim?

Secondly, how do you slide the new ones into the trim? From each end I have tried but can't find a vertical opening to accept the clips.

Thanks

You just put them in anywhere along the open channel and slide them to where they need to be. An abrasive cut off saw is how I remove the old broken clips. Saw right though the middle of the clip and the two halves will fall out.

You should be able to remove the old clips by cutting them with dikes or using a dremel tool to slice them in half then remove. For the new clip just place the clip in the track with its tabs horizontal to the trim. Then just twist it 45 degrees until it locks in place.

I didn't even remove the broken clip bases. Only one had anything of consequence sticking up and a pair of wire cutters nibbled that off.

Back