• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 245 crewcab truck build

Resampled_photo.jpg

I'm thinking of using some hevyer gauge metal to cap off c pilar, I'm might do done kind of tube from cpilar to rear frame after the axle somewhere somehow not sure if i need it but im sure it would help got some more metal today but some jerkoff snapped the power pole clean in half so no power:(

This is sweet, everytime I see one of these being built or for sale I want one so bad. It doesn't look like it, but do you retain rearseat function as it is right now? About how long is the bed, 5ft or so?

Curious if you're actually putting a back seat in. Doesn't look like there's enough room with that back glass so close to the C-pillar and considering how far back I know the front seats sit.
Dave B

I can use the bottom of the back seat which is fine as its mostly for the dog or you could sit sideways maybe.the bed is 52" long.I should have more progress tomarrow or today I guess lol

I can use the bottom of the back seat which is fine as its mostly for the dog or you could sit sideways maybe.the bed is 52" long.I should have more progress tomarrow or today I guess lol

That's what I figured. I'd love to build one someday but I feel like it'd get to a point where I'd have maybe 3.5-4ft of bed and that'd be completely useless, in my opinion. I do love how you're keeping the rear doors operational though, probably making for a lot less fabrication.

Sell this to me when you're done. :-P

Last edited:
Ok update I worked on it a lot Tuesday& I've got the rear window out( pita) window frame mostly welded in (ran out if gas) the head board is made and welded in and the front half of the bed is cut ready for welding.since I need to still have access to fuel pump so the bed will be two parts the back half will lift up.once I get the cab section water tight I can focus on the tailgate & rear part of floor witch both I still need to figure out how they will hinge..

Back