• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

:) Beautiful country. Something satisfying about seeing the speedo resting at 100. Even if it is kph.

My summer to do list:

• Wire up fog lights.
  • Install small brake booster.
  • Install trans mount.
  • Replace drive shaft carrier bearing.
  • Replace heater core.
  • Fab rear battery tray.
  • Fix speedo.

Mostly time, with little money. Just got to find the time.

Ram air package. Screen to keep out he bugs. Mounted high to keep out the rain. Not expecting any more power. Just thought it might add some cool intake noise.

027-M.jpg

In a moment of weakness I dropped $25 on a pair of discounted Pioneer 4" speakers for the front doors. They replace the dried up and torn 10 watts that have seen better days. I'm not a stereo buff, but wow what a difference. A little more bass would be nice, but hey. So now I can rock the big-hair '80's Rock in hi-fidelity. More or less.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the "ram-air" mod took a second off my zero to sixty.

;-)

Baby is sick.

At operating temperature, intermittently, she looses power. She bucks and back fires if throttle is added. Let her idle for a minute and she's fine. No recent mods / changes.

With a condition that comes and goes like this, I'm thinking fueling.

Ideas?

No idea about your problem, mine is fighting me too, won't start, after Removing and reinstalling the alternator of all things. Like wtf it should run even if I somehow managed to eff that up.

Anyway, your car looks awesome with the trim on the front, and I love the fogs too! Very sharp.

Reading the Bentley. Fuel pump fuses are good. Jacked up the car, engine running, hand on main pump, I can feel it "buzzing." Around back, remove the transfer pump floor plate. Cannot discern a "buzz" at the exposed portion of the pump. Disconnected the connector, 12v at one terminal, 10v at the other. To my surprise the car ran the same with the pump disconnected. Have I diagnosed a faulty transfer pump?

Picked up a turbo transfer fuel pump, fuel filter, oil filters and special-ordered a carrier bearing from IPD today. These engines make so much power they require two fuel pumps. :cool:

Cool! What did you cut the tube with? Doesn't look there's enough room for the usual tube / pipe cutter.

It's a real bugger getting that sucker in and out of the tank.

Cool! What did you cut the tube with? Doesn't look there's enough room for the usual tube / pipe cutter.

It's a real bugger getting that sucker in and out of the tank.

Pulled the whole shebang out, and hacked it off with a cutoff wheel. Easy Peasy, just clean it off/out with carb cleaner when complete. I also bought a fuel filter, but didn't change that until after I ran the car a bit, figuring anything I missed would get caught in the old filter, and I could just swap in the new one.

Transfer pump in, can hear it running at fuel filler. Replaced the fuel filter and that little hose that goes from the main pump to the filter. Oil change.

Ran fine for +/- 10 miles. Then started to buck again. Topped off the tank (I lost some during the filter change and the gauge said empty), ran fine for the rest of the trip. While I am optimistic, I'll need to run her for a few miles before I trust it too far.

Transfer pump in, can hear it running at fuel filler. Replaced the fuel filter and that little hose that goes from the main pump to the filter. Oil change.

Ran fine for +/- 10 miles. Then started to buck again. Topped off the tank (I lost some during the filter change and the gauge said empty), ran fine for the rest of the trip. While I am optimistic, I'll need to run her for a few miles before I trust it too far.

Did you change the in tank fuel pump hose as well? Mine looked like this, and while it doesn't have to be ripped in half, it exhibited the same issues you're describing. I'll be curious to know how it runs with less than half a tank.

Yikes! Yeah, the upgrade kit came with a hose. I think I measured correctly, but maybe the pick up sock is higher that it's supposed to be now. And, exactly why is the access hole so $##@! small?

Going to run her down town tonight with the half tank of gas. Cruise chicks, drag race some Ricers; all in a days work for a Volvo 245...

Back