• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

25mm IPD front Swaybar on Volvo 940

InTheWhite

Those of you who has the 25mm IPD front Swaybar, does the tires rub in the Swaybar when steering?

It was only at full lock and it wasn't awful.... It was just enough to take the pain off that spot on the bar.

It was worth it to me, for the bar not having paint in that one spot....

It was only at full lock and it wasn't awful.... It was just enough to take the pain off that spot on the bar.

It was worth it to me, for the bar not having paint in that one spot....

Did you notice a big different with the IPD bar?

Yeah, I did. The car wasn't anywhere near as..."wallowy" (is that a word? **** yeah, it is....)

And given my car at the time was a 940 SE, it had the IRS rear, so I could only do the IPD sway up front, not the rear. Regardless, I was more than willing to deal with the minor interference at full lock, after the improvement in the driving experience 99.9% of the rest of time.

Yeah, I did. The car wasn't anywhere near as..."wallowy" (is that a word? **** yeah, it is....)

And given my car at the time was a 940 SE, it had the IRS rear, so I could only do the IPD sway up front, not the rear. Regardless, I was more than willing to deal with the minor interference at full lock, after the improvement in the driving experience 99.9% of the rest of time.

That sounds great! :)

My PROPUS wheels up front, 17 x 7.5, with 25mm wheel adapters and 225-45 R17 rubbed the IPD bar as well as the inner fenders, at full lock. My current 16 x 6.5 does not rub with 205-55 R16.

My PROPUS wheels up front, 17 x 7.5, with 25mm wheel adapters and 225-45 R17 rubbed the IPD bar as well as the inner fenders, at full lock. My current 16 x 6.5 does not rub with 205-55 R16.

Then maby my 7x16" with 205/55 will go clear as well...

I use a 24 mm sway bar, suspension lowered 45 mm. and 17"x225/45.There is no problem at all with this setup at my Volvo 745-90.

But I guess it also depends on ET of the rims. I use 40 mm ET. and no spacers.

I use a 24 mm sway bar, suspension lowered 45 mm. and 17"x225/45.There is no problem at all with this setup at my Volvo 745-90.

But I guess it also depends on ET of the rims. I use 40 mm ET. and no spacers.

Is it the Whiteline bar you have?

Back