• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsquirt and the LH2.4 VR sensor reading a 60-2

is there really any reason to explore this path? Seems established they will play nicely together. I've also been curious if I'm the only one running this thing unmodified, no resistors, just straight to the CPS with a happy clean signal. IIRC the people who added resistors wired the sensor with the opposite polarity of mine.

My current issue is a bogging, or rev-limiter like cut at 4000-5000 rpm. I made a dummy plug from an old lh ecu and have the Micro tied into that. For the ckps I have tied into the ezk plug. With the Micro-squirt install I initially had issues sounding similar to Qwkswede with a rev-limiter at 3000ish rpm. Added a 2.2k resistor across the vr sensor it raised it to 4-5k rpm cutout, then I tried a 1k resistor with the same results. Thought it might be an may be a ignition/distributor issue so I swapped in a dsm coil pack and ignitor with the same results. Kinda pulling my hair out at this point. I also noticed on the logs when this cut out occurs it only shows a sync loss maybe 10% of the time, although if you watch the rpm graph it drops 1000 rpm instantly.

Look at my tag under my pic 10k ohms x 2.. Also check the pigtail at both ends of both plugs, 9-10 times the wires are frayed pretty badly at one or both stock plugs to sensor, think of all the times you have plugged and unplugged that sensor..

I found the information in this thread useful to solving my problem. I thought I would post my experience here to hopefully pay it forward. First the setup: 1994 B230FT; DIYAutoTune Microsquirt V3.0; LS2 Individual Coils, factory VR sensor. Once the system was together and a base tune developed, I could not get it to rev past 4-4.5k RPM. Felt like a rev limiter. Found that MS was loosing sync. Did some google-fu and surmised that the 60-2 wheel/VR sensor was generating too many volts for the MS at high RPM. First tried two , 10k resistors in parallel, one on each lead. Solved the high RPM sync but made starting very difficult. Then tried a shunt across the VR sensor leads in a value approximate to the resistance of the sensor. Measured the sensor at 180 ohms and installed a shunt of 220 ohms. That seemed to be the magic for me. Engine starts right up and revs as high as I dare without a loss in RPM sync. That's my story. YMMV.

Back