• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Coconut Colin's PV544

Very cool! What gearbox and bellhousing are you using to make a VW engine work in a FR layout?

The transmission is the stock transmission that was in the vehicle. I dont know what it is. Is it an M40? Anyways, the bellhousing is the same, it was bolted to a 1.6 L which was in a volvo 544 sport. The engine is a front wheel drive MK2 Jetta engine.

They dont bolt up at all, I machined a adapter using the old crank shaft out of the 1.6L volvo engine. Then I used 1/2 inch steel and machined an adapter plate to bolt the engine to the transmission. Using volvo flywheel, clutch, throwout bearing, fork, and bellhousing. So pretty much everything is volvo from the crank back.

hzdWFEYl.jpg

kdCeNeDl.jpg

j2NWYgSl.jpg

gBlBWrll.jpg

UienxUgl.jpg

pE09m1El.jpg

bs1htAcl.jpg

ov9wFRNl.jpg

hzdWFEYl.jpg

SAWMFysl.jpg

mW1ZnPOl.jpg

TN92IBwl.jpg

lzGVgNsl.jpg

IYaI2pll.jpg

kxA3792l.jpg

2RBRZdBl.jpg

EpB0sEcl.jpg

N74gM9Tl.jpg

hbZFx7Xl.jpg

rBbqPFHl.jpg

KlXTILEl.jpg

bz43TXtl.jpg

mpeKGrSl.jpg

For the lazies.

Last edited:
Back at it again for another summer!

What I need to achieve is figure out what the 5 wires off the end of the harness by the Digifant II ECU need to be connected to so I can crank that starter while I have fuel pressure and have all my injectors spray and my spark plugs fire.

I looked on vwvortex for the wiring diagrams and it was evident I needed the holy grail.... Bentley manual.

Here are the photos of the wiring harness physically:

sbA3zte.jpg

zV6sSb4.jpg

Here is the computer/ecu/PCM/whatever you want to correct me on it is:

u4hiy7i.jpg

Here is the hall ignition control unit:

BOgetNO.jpg

Here is a photo of the wiring diagram I am trying to decipher.

You can see at the top I have written R/G is 50, R/Y is 34, W/R is T1x, Bk/Y is Digifant control Relay Pin 87, R/Bk = 42.

So the question is. What am I going to do to those six wires so that when I turn the key to start everything will run and be powered in the order that it should be.

Back