• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

945 Daily Turbo Fun (My first Project)

Ich komme von ganz weit unten, n?he Ulm.
Da wo es leider fast keine Volvos gibt.

Ich beobachte dein 16V Projekt schon lange, war immer ne Inspiration f?r mich. Hoffe du bekommst den Wagen bald ordentlich zum Laufen und auf die Strasse.

;) schickma hdy per pm, wir haben da sone whatsapp gruppe...

und wieso verkauft brotkasten der lump den oc606 als seine idee!?? na warte!!!1elf

Ne.. aber ne Quellenangabe is immer gut beim kopieren und klauen ;)

Immerhin geht man nicht einfach zum Teiledealer und bestellt mal eben nen passenden ?lfilter. Da steckt schon ein bisschen Arbeit hinter den als passend zu bezeichnen... :b

Dyno Time!

35766457ml.jpg

35766456ym.jpg

Time for 300 badge thingy under my Name?

Oh, on the way home from the dyno session my turbo decided to stop spinning and have a bearing failure. Yeah i love tuning. :grrr:

Will pull it on the weekend

Boost in that Dynorun was at 1,4-1,5 bar.

I disassembled the Turbo today and it is not too bad.
The turbine wheel left a small mark on the exhaust housing. Everything else is fine.

There are two things that could have caused this:
-I did not install a blow off valve jet.

-I have a kind of lean afr at top end. the afr rise to 12,5 at 6000rpm. See picture below.

35781179hs.jpg

But is a new Garrett ballbearing turbo that sensitive?!
I guess a lean mixture and thus high egt damages the exhaust wheel, not the bearing.
The oil feed and return are perfectly fine. The turbo oil filter and restrictor were clean.
Water connections are working, too. Everything in the exhaust tract looks linke new.

Sparkplugs look normal and compression test was good.

I installed the Oilcooler yesterday.
I admit, i have stolen the idea for the mounting bracket from another Tbricker. :oops:
I am so happy i did the powersteering conversion, that gives me plenty of space to access the oilfilter area.

35838930wn.jpg

35838929lm.jpg

35838928bq.jpg

35838927re.jpg

Well, its been a while since the last update.
Things got a bit out of control with this car. Its not any longer a daily driver.

Added some 8,5J x 18 Rims and a bit stance:

38151395qg.jpg

Then a nice Steering wheel:

38151394ws.jpg

Then some seats, harness and a cage:

38151390mx.jpg

Dont ask why, my head hurts sometimes. :rofl:

Unfortunately, on the first testdrive after the racecar-conversion, my oilpump seized and the oilpump drivegear was damaged.
Luckily i shut down the motor fast enough to avoid further damage.
I think the reason was small parts of the broken Turbo bearing cage (see last page) that found theire way to the oilpump gears and blocked them.

So time for another Motorswap. I swapped my build engine for a stock Turbo engine.
In the meantime i can replace the broken parts and do a complete check.
Also a good opportunity to take the car to the MOT, which is due every 2 years in Germany. ;-)

I am working on a rebuild of a 1994 b230ft and came across your thread while looking for the torque specs on the oil squirters that spray oil onto the bottom of the pistons. I am very impressed with your project! Your work is excellent - if you ran a shop, I would actually trust you to work on my vehicles. So far, I have not found any other mechanics that I trust to do things properly.

How is the project doing these days? Still driving it sometimes?

Back