• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

CB is cool and ****

760T man

Phillip Mamouf-Wifarts
So I've had this little Cobra 19 for ages that I finally got around to installing semi-permanently...

cobra19dxiv-volvo.jpg

$20 rat shack 67" base-loaded whip that kicks lots of ass:
ratshack67.jpg

It's probably the best bang-for-buck antenna I've ever used. I moved it about 10" further forward of where I had it originally (in the pic) and got 1:1 SWR. :cool:

Feel free to post yours.

I have the same radio, smaller antennae (for now =P ) Only have the antennae pic.
Trainshoot020.jpg

You work at that railyard?

Also, I'd check the SWR on that...especially since it's mounted on the trunk. Find your nearest Pilot and get this little guy, it's cheaper than the Rat Shack SWR meter but works just as good and is much better built (all-metal construction, for instance) to boot. Those little center-loaded antennas don't typically offer great SWR as it is, much less when trunk-mounted... north of 3:1 and you're certainly doing your radio no favors. Get it in the center of the roof at the very least.

Seriously, for $10 more (if that), the Rat Shack 67" whip is a disgustingly huge upgrade and I highly doubt you'll get a better antenna for the money, save for a 102" steel whip with a 6" spring under it.

Does CB in aussie land occupy the same frequencies on the same band as it does in the US?

26.965-27.405MHz AM over here.

Dunno. I don't know all our frequency bands off the top of my head. I keep meaning to study up and get my radio license but still haven't gotten around to it, I got a mate of mine who's doing some funky **** with APRS and Ham and ****.

Its an easy to access spot out in the country, not too much rail traffic. Just drove in and snapped some pics lol. Ill look into the antennae, I think itd be fun if the Davis convoy had a couple CB's in it.

In Europe only Polish people traveling in groups or truckers use them. And to be honest, why would you want to use one?

In Europe only Polish people traveling in groups or truckers use them. And to be honest, why would you want to use one?

Its a bit of a stretch, but one time on the way home from the Bay area, I was stuck in really bad traffic and was able to ask a truck nearby what the problem was ond if there was a shortcut around it. Only happened once but it was cool! The other perk is on some cbs like mine you can attach a P.A. speaker and have some fun with that as well :cool:

102" SS here... Philippian Uniden Grant XL with some mods.. open 6kcs slide -+ clarifier, 10k 10turn clarifier pot, talkbalk and echo board, and some other niftly little funs...

215591_10150146458106560_543391559_7319803_4880986_n.jpg

215591_10150146458116560_543391559_7319805_775359_n.jpg

Last edited:
I got one of those rat shack antennas and they do work real well. I got mine mounted through the roof. I did talk to Australia once on 10 meter ham band with my cobra 2000 base that had a digiscan 400 hooked up to it so I could do ham bands. I'm running an old cobra 29 classic(tiawanna) that the audio section has been heavily modified and it also has variable drive to drive the footwarmer... I did pick up a cobra 89XLR base with digiscan UFO and KRIS BIG BOOMER tube linear for $20 at an estate sale the other day. I swap out the rat shack antenna for a 102 inch steel whip when I want to get serious, but it hits **** a little too much.
gettingout4.jpg

gettingout5.jpg

MVC-014S.jpg

MVC-015S.jpg

For when you need to make a phone call on your CB...

Last edited:
Double post okay I admit it, I got's **** loads of radidios...

<object width="352" height="240" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/208016787569" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/208016787569" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="352" height="240"></embed></object>

Last edited:

I remember being in Poland a few years back and my uncle talking to our cousins in another part of town VIA CB.

I like the idea, I hate the way the antenna looks. And for some reason, all the douchebags at my school have them on theyre stock pick ups...

Some of those huge antenna's in this thread won't work here by the way, having tramrails all across town.

what kind of footwarmer you got? that's a nice 148gtl too, is it the 5pin sidemic? you're sure it's not a philly?

Last edited:
Nice install. I have a pretty old Cobra 29XLR with a Cobra HG-M75 power mic and some random antenna that I have no idea what it is. It does the job for me and has about a 5 mile range on a bad day. Fun thing to have in the car and I just helped a buddy rig one in his car, too. Great for road trips! My CB has a PA speaker output too, so I have a PA speaker on my car. (Rigged one on my friend's car, too.) Lots of fun in the summer! lol.

Nice install. I have a pretty old Cobra 29XLR with a Cobra HG-M75 power mic and some random antenna that I have no idea what it is. It does the job for me and has about a 5 mile range on a bad day. Fun thing to have in the car and I just helped a buddy rig one in his car, too. Great for road trips! My CB has a PA speaker output too, so I have a PA speaker on my car. (Rigged one on my friend's car, too.) Lots of fun in the summer! lol.

I'm running a HG-M75 mic too. Really helps with the baby radios.

I'd set up a PA but I'd get myself in trouble screaming at all the idiots around here.

Back