• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Rear Window Demister

alex1366

I have an old 1989 Volvo 240 DL. The rear demister is not working at this time. When I push the button, the fuse just blows immediately. I pulled the switch (I am not an electrician) and just did a continuity test, and it seems to indicate that it is working properly when I push the button in. There are no visible scratches on the wiring in the rear window. Could anyone help me with this issue. Thanks very much!

I disconnected mine on the fuse since it's a fire hazard and mine is a wagon with every 10 years broken wires in the hatch. Sedan or wagon?

I have an old 1989 Volvo 240 DL. The rear demister is not working at this time. When I push the button, the fuse just blows immediately. I pulled the switch (I am not an electrician) and just did a continuity test, and it seems to indicate that it is working properly when I push the button in. There are no visible scratches on the wiring in the rear window. Could anyone help me with this issue. Thanks very much!

Assuming your 240DL is a 245, you might need to repair or replace the wiring harness(es) passing through your tailgate hinges. If not, and it is a sedan, then you've got some sleuthing to do.

1989 volvo 240 DL rear window demister not working

Hi!
My rear demister is still not working. I have tried the following:

Cleaned all contacts at fuse box (fuse 11), switch and grid.
Pulled, cleaned and checked panel switch
Made certain the problem is not related to the overdrive wiring
Replaced the relay
Fuse blows even when the relay is removed
Completely disconnected overdrive button wiring
Checked continuity at grid
The fuse does not blow when the panel switch is disconnected

I would be very grateful for any advise!

Thanks, Alex

Back