• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Engine choice Volvo 740

Råda

Volvoretard/Partshoarder
So I'm gonna rip that B230F out of my 740 this winter. And originally I thought of putting B6304 from 960 in the 740. But it have also crossed my mind that a B230FT/FK swap would be much easier since the car already have LH 2.4.

I really like the smoothness of the 6 cyl, and the power is enough for the 740. I get a neat auto gearbox to it. But then I got to do all the electrical stuff to make it work, and I got to make some custom stuff to get the a/c running.

If I go with the B230FK/FT The swap will be easy, but I don't really like those AW70/71. So I probably will run M90 in that case. Even if I prefer auto

wich ever I do it will be a multilink rear axle from 760/960.

What do you think?

So you currently have B230F/AW70? Easiest swap would be B230FT/AW71. Any reason why you don't like the AW70/AW71? You could always do the manual gearbox swap later.

My dream has always been to put a B6294T in my 740. Like most will tell you, it all depends on the hassle, time and money you are willing to deal with. I'd say just do a warmed over B230ft, m90 and independent rear and call it good.

How is the AW71 not as nice as the AW3-70? Other then electronic control, they are literally identical, the engine in smoothness etc is a big difference no?

A 740GLE (16V) had was pretty smooth even with the balance shaft belts removed. Also it is a peppy engine.

X2. Mine is pretty smooth and I can barely feel it running without the balance shaft belt. I can also agree that it's pretty peppy... certainly better than the B230F 740 I test drove.

Automatics----
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gClR4sZ-Xtw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back