• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+T Turbo Oil feed. Is this the right hole?

I've handled dozens of pulleys in my own cars over the years plus customer cars at work and have never noticed anything out of ordinary. Total count could be around 60-100(or more?). Imo the risk of a broken pulley is nonexistant. But of course, use 90 degree turn for oil line if you want to minimize that risk.

This is how I did it on my b21 block. You just have to start the adapter in the right spot so it tightens enough when it gets where you want it.

20150425_220459.jpg

20150425_220511.jpg

20150507_200831.jpg

20150507_200814.jpg

How does this happen? Must have been loose already? Never seen or even heard of one before. The material and shape of the pulley don't seem to be easily brakeable if something else doesn't fail first badly.

I've handled dozens of pulleys in my own cars over the years plus customer cars at work and have never noticed anything out of ordinary. Total count could be around 60-100(or more?). Imo the risk of a broken pulley is nonexistant. But of course, use 90 degree turn for oil line if you want to minimize that risk.

IMG_1002a_zpsw62uy9zz.jpg

Weren't very early ones only one thickness? Seems there was update/recall?

Yes, early (e.g., my B21FT, was single thickness, later B230F was double thickness). I'd be curious if there really was a update/recall.

See post #10+ http://turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5428176

Back