• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

recommended hose clamps for stock intercooler

tshawytscha

I'm going to replace all my intercooler hoses (trying to fix a bog on boost symptom) and want to know what are the go to hose clamps that I should be using. Ditto for the smaller clamps for the vacuum lines on the turbo (13c). Do you guys use the t-clamp style? What size and where do you recommend buying? Particularly interested in what size for the turbo lines. I've been shopping around on summit racing but was hoping a few of you could chime in and recommend what to buy. Thanks!

T-bolt clamps are fine for intercooler hoses. Really anything but worm gear clamps would be fine. Look for some of the small clamps they use on whiteblock vacuum lines.

There really is a big difference. After buying some ABA clamps for my cooling system hoses I went through my box and threw out all the cheap clamps I had. The Chinese garbage they have at the autoparts stores breaks if you screw it down tight enough and cuts up the hoses. Side by side they look thin and crappy.

I've always used stock OEM clamps on all the turbo air plumbing and never had a problem with any of them. That may not be an option with custom builds though.

I should've clarified that the ABA clamps are great. Just don't use the cheap ones that tear up your hoses.

:nod:
Here is one (of various) places you can buy the larger size clamps:
http://www.frsport.com/index.php?ta...r=desc&q=&isu=Yes&instock=0&cid=1760&mfgs=218

hose-clamp-aba-original.jpg

I couldn't find an ABA clamp that would work on a 960 throttle body so I had to use a cheap one. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. I ordered a whole bag of various sizes from eeuroparts.com when I was putting my car together.

I know this is a bit of a stretch, but anybody know of the top of their head what size/how many clamps I'd need to outfit the stock 740ic? I would like to replace all clamps in the intake system. Particularly interested in what size clamp to use for the vacuum hose that runs from the turbo compressor(?) to the wastegate actuator. Someone mentioned the stock oem...are those spring clamp style? I'm still learning and the 13c that I put on my car was used/didn't come with clamps (currently using crappy ones from the Ace down the street).

Also, thanks for the ABA recommendation. I'll be putting in an order once I get the what size/how many down.

The wastegate actuator hose is small, 6mm is probably about right and it has spring clamps. I wouldn't bother to replace the clamps wholesale unless they're damaged or rusted out though.

Right on I'll go 6mm for the actuator to replace my shoddy Ace hose clamps that are cutting into the silicone tubing I'm using. You guys know the size/quantity to get the job done for the IC hoses?

Back