• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

another tudor wagon

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.

Evolvo, is that your final choice on wheels, or are you going to end up with something else?
How's the interior coming?

Dan,
Those are the wheels I have now, I'm always open to an upgrade if something comes along. The interior is next, I have a plan, all in due time. Is this the end of the Hi Jack?

Well, the car is ready to go. I've been cruising around a bit and everything is good. Problem is the weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate. After two weeks of beautiful sunny days it seems the rain clouds are rolling back in. This isn't the kind of car you knowingly drive in the rain, keeping fingers crossed, but if it's raining I won't be making IPD. I'm bummed!

Looks like the weather is gonna be OK. I'm reading 20% chance on Fri and 0% Sat. I'm going to drive down Friday afternoon, hopefully can find a motel or I could sleep in the back (another reason to build a longroof)!

I really enjoyed looking over your car at iPd and seeing how you dealt with the details. Thanks again for the roof rack stuff. I will be stealing your wiper conversion idea :rockon:.

Adam

Over the last few weeks I've had the car cut and buffed, installed an aftermarket cruise control that works with the GM tilt column turn signal stalk & today got the Vintage Air charged, it puts out 30* air. Yowza!

Any issues or regrets on the 3.8 install? Reason I ask is I have been thinking about a 3.5 60* GM V6. Seems to be more support for the 3.8.
You coming to the GoodGuys?

Very nice, glad I found it on here. Buddy of mine has a 01 gtp and it moves, so I don't think you're missing out a whole lot. Very nice build.

I've been busy!

I bought new wheels and tires a couple of months ago. TSW Silverstones 18X8 with Bridgestone tires. Also got tired of the color matched bumpers so I bought a China repop '67 Camaro front, had to narrow it a bit and make the angle a little steeper to get it to fit. Also got a valance from a '96 Blazer and narrowed it to fit, learned how to weld poly plastic, woo hoo! Got another rear bumper from Xray and cut it and rewelded as one piece, turn it over to give that roll pan effect. Also been re-polishing the paint. I used to live in Missoula way back in the '80's so I'm driving over at the end of this month to visit old friends and enter a car show. Should be fun!!

Attachments

• IMG_9205.jpg
    IMG_9205.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_9196.jpg
    IMG_9196.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_9197.jpg
    IMG_9197.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_9203.jpg
    IMG_9203.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_9201.jpg
    IMG_9201.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 513
Liking the chrome bumpers! Nice touch.
Funny I just pulled a rear bumper out of our stash and am considering making a one piece.

This thing is amazing!

Two questions though:

1) Did I read that right? 150 whp from this engine? That was before the S/C right?

2) Could you elaborate on what appears to be a sideways brake booster under the dash?

This thing is amazing!

Two questions though:

1) Did I read that right? 150 whp from this engine? That was before the S/C right?

2) Could you elaborate on what appears to be a sideways brake booster under the dash?

If I remember right it was 160 WHP with the engine just like you see it. It scoots along just fine and gets between 25-30 mpg.

Nisan power booster and master. Yes it is turned 90*, see attached bell crank (in the photo)

This is why I'm not a fan of American iron without turbos. My PV made 120 with the numbers matching 1.8L n/a without much work. I feel like there must be something wrong with that engine. I drove a 31 model A pickup ratrod with a 3.8 supercharged, stock boost, headers. Butt dyno put it in the 230-250 hp range.

Back