• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie?s 242 LPG turbo project.

To me LPG is a lot more reliable (if maintained properly) than petrol, has a lot less parts, easier to adjust and potentially more powerful than petrol due to the higher octane rating. Furthermore it's environment friendlier (blah), so it's ridiculous (and unexplainable) there's a higher tax on it.. But whtvr

LPG allows for a higher compression, which makes it perfect for turbo/SC or N/A high CR applications.
Impco offers some good blow-through LPG mixer, and theres a lot of information on Australian (V8) forums. (AussieV8)

I built my Chevy engine just for LPG, I broke it in on petrol but with 13.5:1 CR and a ignition recurve it performs way better than it did on petrol.

Also my B230F already does 564K kms on LPG with hardly any problems. Same with the B23 in the 242, but that one only has 142K kms :)

Hi everyone, I run LPG on LH2.4 B200FT (940, 1995) and it's pretty much OK.
Well, almost OK.
I got AC Autogas STAG200-4 system, bought chip from blabla, so mpg is way better now, map is so called ''perfect'', but the problem is idle.
When I increase injectors pulse, I can run until limit without problem and idle is very very poor and rough, but when I reduce injector pulse idle is perfect and on the other side car runs poor especially in boost (like runs out of fuel).
I guess that I have insufficiently large nozzles... They installed 2,7mm (max is 3,0mm).
What do you think???

Last edited:
Here is the reason for the new engine

img0114ig6.jpg

And the car

img0065gd.jpg

img0064qn.jpg

img0105kz.jpg

And the bodykit that comes with it, looks like this (or is) this one. i dont remeber its been a while

9185.jpg

Boris is pimpin'.

I was thinking exactly the same:)

Do put in a big stereo to cruise on the streets of Haarlem :rofl:

(imagine a green 242 instead of the american muscle:-D)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DEfp2HuU20s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bjorny and Boris, please quit the rocketscience cheap daily driver crap. Do you guys even follow the news? I'm not completely sure that road tax-free cars stay free of additional LPG and diesel taxes...

Edit: Nevermind, it's only for cars that are becoming tax-free, not for cars that are already tax free.

not sure what the plan is here in belgium.. no government yet so no new decisions will be made... there are rumours that car use will be charged according to how many km's you do in a year. thats fine by me coz i only do like 8K kms a year... also road tax free here in belgium only applies to cars that are registered as oldtimers and arent used for commuting to work.. so even if my 240 was 25 years old i still cant use it as an oldtimer coz its my only car and i use it for commuting..

not sure what the plan is here in belgium.. no government yet so no new decisions will be made... there are rumours that car use will be charged according to how many km's you do in a year. thats fine by me coz i only do like 8K kms a year... also road tax free here in belgium only applies to cars that are registered as oldtimers and arent used for commuting to work.. so even if my 240 was 25 years old i still cant use it as an oldtimer coz its my only car and i use it for commuting..

That is some weak ish man!

How can they enforce this rule? Are they going to check on you every day? :e-shrug:
just curious.;-)

Last edited:
Pump is from Hong Kong.

I'd contact Martijn and talk to him about the LPG plans. He might be able to help you with some parts.

Back