• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SEslayer's 242gt.

SEslayer

Dumber than I look.
So i had recently "finnished" my 945t cd009 swap, when a 242gt thats being turned to a 240t replica turns up on trademe. (Ebay in NZ) it was the right price ($7000NZD) and fully road legal with a spare running manual lhd 245 wagon with spare turbo motor and 3 spare gearboxes in the boot.
I was thinking of keeping the GT factory or continuing the 240t transition.
In New Zealand we never got any 242s other than the small number of gt's.
I like the 240t front end (i hate the fogs in the grill on the gt)
I am pretty keen on ripping the CD out of my 945 and jamming it into the GT and then working towards a 16vt build.
First purchase will be coilovers however, and i wont be cheaping out on BC's. This car will have the best of everything, i spent probably 500 hours working on that 945 in 18 months. But this is the dream
I pick it up today.
I am a tad excited.

To do.
Swap gbox in 945 (lets pray i dont need to spend another 1k on driveshafts)
Sell 945.
Fix GtiR, maybe sell?
Spend life savings on 242GT

I have been driving the car for a coming up a month now. It actually handles amazing well stock, i am yet to get under or over steer, however i have a latent fear of writing it off so i am being a tad more cautious than usual.
My 9 is still in the shop (blasphemous i know) first time i have ever let someone else work on my car, but i am recovering from a badly dislocated collarbone (praise free healthcare) turnsout my clutch slave that had no circlip holding it in took him 5 hours to remove, not surprised considering it was holding a 500ftlb clutch. But with a rebuilt slave and master its ready to be reverted to stock and get put up for sale.

I have interim plans for the GT, while i save for the expensive 16vt parts. I plan to chuck the running 16v engine into the gt and run it on bike carbs. Whether or not i run the cd009 upfront or not i am unsure.
I just bought full R brakes, they popped up on facebook for 400usd. (These cost 1300usd locally and have seen one set for sale in 7 years)
I wont put them on yet as New Zealand has a safty inspections which are extremely strict
Any modification to steering or brake system needs to be certified and any cutting and welding to factory mounting. (Also anything over 20% power gain but thats kinda hard to prove.
I will just drive the tired b23 for now.
Rebuild my gtir engine
And hopefully be ordering coilovers the other side of christmas.
By then i should have the bike carb thing ready ish. Thoughts were it would be 180ish hp and enough for a fun, peppy (with the yoshi 228 flywheel) daily!

Back