• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Faulty Alternator

BILLBARD

The Alternator on my 940 died. I have spares but I thought I'd try to repair this one. I have all the screws out of the frame but it won't come apart. I've tried to force screw driver between the halves of the frame but it doesn't want to come apart. Has anyone in the group taken 100 Amp Volvo alternator apart. If you have how did you get the frame to come apart?
BillBard

What 100 amp alternator is it? There are three stock types. Two bosch styles and a Nippon denso version. I like the Denso ones. they all use diffgerent parts like regulators, brushes, etc.

Some forceful hammering with a brass punch may help. Be very careful of the windings. You can also use some penetrating oil and let it soak for a while before trying to take it apart.

940 Faulty Alternator

The Alternator in my 940 is the Bosch type.
The label on the cover of the alternatorit says 100 Bosch underneath that are the numbers 0 123 213 007 under that it says NC 14V 55-100A then MADE IN GERMANY next it says VOLVO I M P and on the very bottom are the numbers 91 302 08
That's all I've got as far as identification is concerend.

I don't know the numbers. But there are two bosch versions. The older style which looks similar to the all the alternators 240s used. Then there is the late bosch style which looks like a larger version of the ND alternators. The later bosch style has a large black plastic cover over the back of it. The earlier one has the regulator mounted on the back and no cover.

Last edited:
Back