• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2006 East vs. West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way we can include the specific car used to get the times in the charts?

klr142 said:
Is there any way we can include the specific car used to get the times in the charts?

you mean like 744 745 242 245 exc?

if everyone who PMs me times tells me the car i have no problem putting in another column.

and p.s.

PLEASE KEEP THE "I CONTRIBUTE NOTHING" POSTS OUT OF THIS THREAD.

it sucks to read through this thread about half way through the year when its 5 pages of nonsense.

that why i started the smack talking thread.

Yeah, and 850, etc... :) Maybe even squeeze motor in there? Or maybe that's just something we can talk about in the smack talking thread...

boostdemon said:
I believe before we said No2 = FI class but i have no idea since kenny did it mostly on his own last year. At one point we said no No2 just because we really wanted to have decent numbers for people to gauge their performace with

n20 does not put you in an FI class, there was a fair amount of debate about this last year and thats the decision we reached, since people started bitching about multiple power adders.

I think you should only be allowed one run per car, not per class. Otherwise I could have a time for my 242DL in n/a mode and another run for it in N2O mode. I don't see this as being fair so I will only submit a time for n/a in that car.

14pts for n/a + 22pts for N2O = 36 points which would be the equivalent of going 14.49 in FI class. I doubt that's what the rule makers had in mind and it's not in the spirit of the EvsW.

linuxman51 said:
also, dana, can we extend the points scale into the 11's?

what... you cant count?
11.99 = 61
11.89 = 62
11.79 = 63
etc...

run a sub 12 sec 1/4 and i'll be glad to calculate :-P

As for the nAWWSs - do i need to make a choice on this? or have we already scored a juiced run this year?

Tuff240 said:
I think you should only be allowed one run per car, not per class.

I think you misread the rules -
#7 - If a vehicle changes classes within the year, only the current class will be registered.

however

#4 - 1 registered run per vehicle per class. 1 turbo, 1 n/a, 1 non-Volvo

thelostartof said:
rennys 13.67 was on the juice

doesnt matter, as per last year, nos is a "free mod" for either class, i.e. its preseence won't put you into another class... Because as its already been made apparent, simply jugging an na brick doesnt land you in the stratosphere.

besides, the NA guys need all the help they can get :-D

*edit
And iirc last year it was towery that came up with that idea, in some mannor of trash talk towards 242gtmd

linuxman51 said:
doesnt matter, as per last year, nos is a "free mod" for either class, i.e. its preseence won't put you into another class... Because as its already been made apparent, simply jugging an na brick doesnt land you in the stratosphere.

besides, the NA guys need all the help they can get :-D

*edit
And iirc last year it was towery that came up with that idea, in some mannor of trash talk towards 242gtmd
So what you are saying is that we can run nitrous in a NA car and it will still be classified as a NA car?

I would like a definite ruling on this because if this is the case, I'd like to see how much juice it will hold before she blows. :lol:

Tuff240 said:
So what you are saying is that we can run nitrous in a NA car and it will still be classified as a NA car?

I would like a definite ruling on this because if this is the case, I'd like to see how much juice it will hold before she blows. :lol:

add nitrous and the car remains n/a.

Tuff240 said:

yes. now go do it, cause i'm curious myself.

Tuff240 said:

740Weapon said:
add nitrous and the car remains n/a.
Just quoting you so you can't change your mind later. :-P :lol:

So what is even with the whole class system thing? It's not like an NA that runs 14.00 gets anymore points than a turbo that runs 14.00, is it? Doesn't look like it to me according to the points scale, so what's even the point?

Poik said:
So what is even with the whole class system thing? It's not like an NA that runs 14.00 gets anymore points than a turbo that runs 14.00, is it? Doesn't look like it to me according to the points scale, so what's even the point?

no a 14 n/a does not earn more points than 14 turbo.

its like this.

1. it allows members to see how they are doing against each other.

2. regardless of whats going on on the E vs. W rules thread.

its a documentation for this:

im allowing members to have two times if they have two cars and one car is n/a and one car is either turbo or non-volvo powered. this rule is because several members have asked for it, i kinda like it, and no one has objected.

that and i want more n/a cars on the list this year...(personal agenda i suppose).

It's a loophole is what it is.

I can run a NA car with N2O and get at least a low 15, maybe into the 14's for the cost of a used $150 NOS kit.

THEN, I can go run my slightly modified 245ti to about the same times and get points for it also.

EDIT: 2 15 second flat cars equal one 12 flat car.... 60 points :lol:

Well I'll throw in my time, 14.386. There I said it. Hopefully will be better by end.

linuxman51 said:
*edit
Yep, Rob drove the GT to a 16.099 @ 84.98 with a 35 shot in 2nd AND 3rd gear. I just beat that ET twice with nothing but hot air.

Tuff240 said:
It's a loophole is what it is.

I can run a NA car with N2O and get at least a low 15, maybe into the 14's for the cost of a used $150 NOS kit.

THEN, I can go run my slightly modified 245ti to about the same times and get points for it also.

EDIT: 2 15 second flat cars equal one 12 flat car.... 60 points :lol:

yes and no. and I can spray my 244 as well, for a 15 of some sort, see, and raise your 245ti's time by a fair margin with my 744. loop hole maybe, but not that big of a loophole, and it works both ways ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back