• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What happened to the faux 240 e-codes?

DME

vague member
FCP is out.

swedish*auto*lamps*for*less on fleabay is now $900+.

wtf, just when I was about to get a set. Did some factory in Estonia burn down or something?

I *just* got off the phone with swedishcarparts and they told me they have those e-codes made in Estonia and that they are *not* genuine Cibie/Volvo e-codes.

I got a pair of those from swedishcarparts and was lucky to see this before I mounted them:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=322799

The executive summary is that you can get genuine e-codes from a parts house in Germany for not much more than I paid for the ones off of eBay. You might want to read through that thread and see what they'd run you before you panic over the cost of the knockoffs.

But seriously? $900? WTF! They were easy to work with on getting the ones I bought returned, and it seems like they provide a number of other 240 items that are nice to have available, but they either know something we don't, or they want to kill their own market niche for some reason.

Last edited:
I use the DJ auto ones for good and for the bad of that. They serve me well. I get them from Franks auto parts in Orange NJ. They are into 240s and have lots of Volvo parts.

My wagon is a classic edition and I wanted to keep the painted headlight trim. So I ground off the screw mounting for the usa headlights and glued the trim to the top of the e code headlights.

They jack the price when they're out of stock.....then drop it back to almost where it was (+$25) when they get them back in. Probably got the idea from gas stations.

Back