• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940: BodyKit options?

Hey There, I have never seen a body kit sold in the US for a 940. I would consider checking out some overseas sites and see what you come up with.

Hey There, I have never seen a body kit sold in the US for a 940. I would consider checking out some overseas sites and see what you come up with.

Suggestions on overseas website addresses anyone?

Additionally can a 850 body kit be used on a 940? If so then problem's solved for most since entire bodykit is less than 600.

Well, poeple are fitting front and rear 850 bumpers onto 940's.

Well, poeple are fitting front and rear 850 bumpers onto 940's.

Exactly what I thought, needed confirmation. Aren't those just the bumper covers? I've looked at my 940's bumper cover(gr8 condition atm considering I slid into a ditch 4yrs ago with it:-P) and saw the pins that attach the two I believe.

Fixed my cover, just popped the side plastic attachment on the right side where I slid into the ditch.

Yes 850 front bumper is very possible to put on a 940, but side skirts are too short and the rear bumper is too narrow and too short.

Volvo 940 original add-on

160387-1620635.jpg

Replica here
http://l-m-r.se/index.do

If you put a "body kit" on a 940, I will hunt you down and kill you slowly. With a spork. For the love of all that is holy, DO NOT ruin a 940 with something as tacky as an aftermarket body kit. Go buy an Integra or something.

Naaah.. thats not genuine! Volvo nevar sold such bodykits neither Hausser or Haas did.. This is 850R Lip together with aftermarket Sideskirts and rearbumperaddonlip

Actually, the front lip was specially designed for V/S90 and the 900-series, no the 850R.
They even where collision-tested and quality-tested by Volvo to make sure they had the same quality- and safety-standard as Volvos' cars.

The side- and rearspoilers on the otherhand, are either from an aftermarket company OR the 740 add-on kit.
bodykit7607408902.JPG

If you put a "body kit" on a 940, I will hunt you down and kill you slowly. With a spork. For the love of all that is holy, DO NOT ruin a 940 with something as tacky as an aftermarket body kit. Go buy an Integra or something.

Shall I just make it easier for you an give you my address an time of comings and goings? Aftermarket bodykit, highly likely hell no, i've seen those lil projects go bad all the time by just driving around town.

Wouldn't a 960 front end with fenders an headlights be a decent change though? I've seen several of those applied to 740's but not so much with 940's.

Actually, the front lip was specially designed for V/S90 and the 900-series, no the 850R.
They even where collision-tested and quality-tested by Volvo to make sure they had the same quality- and safety-standard as Volvos' cars.

The side- and rearspoilers on the otherhand, are either from an aftermarket company OR the 740 add-on kit.
bodykit7607408902.JPG

Isn't that a 940 in the top picture? If not then it must be a 740 obviously. Question is, where were those body parts acquired and if they could be applied to my 93 940NA w/o fogs as well?

Back