• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

OldSchoolEuro's 84 244DL Build

OldSchoolEuro

Hey guys! Some of you may know me by now so I thought I'd start a project thread for my 1984 Volvo 244DL.

My parents bought this car brand new at the Volvo dealer back in 1984 and its been in my family ever since. I started driving it all throughout high school and most of college, taking care of it like it was a baby. Throughout the years, I did small things to it such as regular maintenance and the usual suspension upgrades. Here are some pictures when I started to do some things to it:

photo2-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

Then one night when I was browsing Craigslist and I saw these dumb wheels called Polaris. :D and I bought them.

photo2.jpg

Picture1967.jpg

photo4.jpg

Then my car sat around for awhile while I was busy with school. At the beginning of this summer I began to work on the car. I decided to go ahead to take out the engine and reseal it.

6eb8aadc.jpg

de29d9f4.jpg

The car sat like this for awhile through the summer. Then a couple weeks ago I began working on it again. I needed some expert help so I called up Homer and he came up from Kansas to help out one weekend. Cleaned up the block, repaint, new headgasket, A cam etc.

174978_10100334662006619_16818372_50647132_478832186_o.jpg

A large order that came in from Tasca Volvo. Using all OEM parts. I also had all of my brackets and bolts on the engine plated in Zinc Chromate Yellow and Zinc Chromate Silver in their respective finishes as they came from the factory. (Bad picture but you can see some of them to the right).

327822_766819306433_63210829_37195384_618559869_o.jpg

I will have more pictures this weekend when I get the rest of the parts plated and all of my parts in. Brakes and Suspension will be going on at the end of this week. Engine and M46 conversion will be completed soon as well.

Last edited:
I have always loved your car. Favorite wheels and favorite color on favorite body style. I look forward to seeing the clean engine in the bay :)

No turbo, no fun...

Serious, I like your car, about the same blue as mine.
All OEM parts ftw.

Can't wait to see it finished. Keep us updated.

Thanks! I've seen your showroom thread of your 242 and that is stunning! My paint code is No. 139 Scotia Blue.

I came back home this weekend to work on the car a little bit. Brakes and Suspension should theoretically be done tomorrow.

Took some more pictures of the crapton of parts that came in.

114cf22a.jpg

4381fb6c.jpg

21b5ff7f.jpg

Close up of SOME of the brackets I got plated. My other batch is still being done as we speak and I should be getting those back by next week.

5b9e1f30.jpg

Upgraded the starter to a later model. Much smaller than the old one.

e87c2590.jpg

Blacked out the front of the car. Didn't like too much of that chrome.

9479d93a.jpg

Loving the look of the fresh plating, seems to be something that a lot of people overlook as an option on their builds. Ecodes are a nice touch too. Nice job pulling the motor without even taking off the grill. Keep up the good stuff.

Did SOME work today, ended up just running around town getting some supplies all day. It was busy out there on the streets due to the Nebraska vs. Wisconsin game today so it took awhile to get around.

Put on new rotors today, clutch pedal assembly, OD wiring and other small things.

7c8533a7.jpg

037aaddf.jpg

ATE Slotted Rotors, Front and Rear.

b22ce04d.jpg

2f61a3ed.jpg

Will be getting new rear calipers tomorrow and seal kit for the front calipers. Painting them with Black Caliper Paint. Putting in the pads with new hardware and bleeding the brakes!

Brakes are done! The rear calipers ended up leaking pretty bad so I just went to Advanced and they had rebuilt ones in stock for 30 dollars per side! UNBELIEVABLE!

9b9eae0d.jpg

9d3a3c79.jpg

dc3eaa47.jpg

449db241.jpg

b936f06b.jpg

As it sits currently...Engine and Transmission go in next weekend!

6f91e0b4.jpg

Last edited:
Back