• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 242 2,5 16v widebody build

First off, Super cool 242 ....Then you throw a DTM Merc in the mix, making me think -I need one of those - :) then you go and throw a spanner in the works and show us a RX3 and now a diffuser that actually looks good on a old car, and again got me thinking - I need one of those -. Keep the rad build going!

Is the diffuser made out of aluminium or steel ....I?m guessing aluminium?

hehe thanks! DTM and such has always been a big inspiration to me :)

like this clip, one of the best racing vids on youtube ;P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-AxiVqihM

diffuser is made of aluminium

Yeah, black would work better.

Did you by any chance make a jacking point under the boot, in the middle of the diffuser? Would be a good thing to hack the car ;)

ADam

i havent, but i was thinking about it! thing is if i jack it up on one of the rear jack points it lifts the whole rear ;P so i dont really need it ;P

but we`ll see, i might make a jack point anyway

As for the diffuser, its goint to be black :)

started making the shifter bracket to! the one thats in the car now was more or less just a test bracket!

shifter bracket nearly done!

started fidling a bit on Fusion.. trying to draw a filler neck ;P

decided i didnt like the oil filter i had.. it was hard to clean and i was spilling oil all over the place every time i took it out.. went back to stock volvo filter placed by the airfilter! (white filter)

thanks! im very happy with the new exhoust! sounds mean but not overly loud or raspy :)

once the tiers heats up, it picks up speed fast! ;P

and yes, thats the 335 pirelli p-zero`s getting a beating :D

Back