• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

K16 upgrade worth the $$? V50 T5 AWD

2turbotoys

Salaminizer
Just wondering if anyone here has done the K16 upgrade on a V50 T5, I have an '06 T5 AWD automatic trans. I already have a Eurosport Tuning Stage 1 tune, DO33 intercooler, 3" DP, Mototec exhaust, Mototec intake, Forge bpv, hard pipe and silicone intercooler tubes, some other minor goodies. It's pretty quick, runs 16 PSI, and can outrun a lotta cars, just wondering if the K16 is a huge improvement. Current turbo is the stock K04.

I promised myself I wouldn't mess with this car anymore because I want reliability, but can't help but wonder...

Probably asking the wrong crowd tho, haha

I seem to recall that Americans running that turbo setup were having all sorts of tuning issues and cold start issues. The blame was getting placed on the limitations of the US spec ECM at the time. I gathered Europeans got a more flexible ECM in the P1.

But I haven't even peeked into the P1 community in a long time so maybe they've found a way around those issues.

I have never tried elevates tunes. I did have their downpipe and intercooler installed in my C30.

I would just avoid Shark's tunes for these cars. Shark was never able to get the stage 3 tune for my C30 to work correctly. I know I'm not the only one who had that issues with their stage 3 tunes. They pretty much blew off all of us and stopped trying to solve the massive boost drop issues.

I had the same problem with Eurosport Tunings Stage 3 tune....it ran like a stock car with no tune, slow. Tried for about 9 months, many many tunes. The tuner tried to blow me off saying something was wrong with my car and asked me to datalog all kinds of stuff (pretty sure they didn't think I would figure that out). Luckily for me it's really easy with Torque Pro and the datalogging plug in. For every wrong tune I sent them at least 3 datalogs, full throttle runs in different gears, 50 mph to 120, etc. They finally agreed that my car is fine, and after 9 months I told them I didn't think they were capable of doing the tune and give me my money back.

Back