• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16v turbo?gt35r?

my "GT35R" is actually a "GTP35R-IS"

Its off a Ford powerstroke truck and its sleeve bearing. It has a "low noise" compressor wheel. 1.00 A/R on both sides. I wonder how much slower this would spool than the ball bearing one you all are talking about.

my "GT35R" is actually a "GTP35R-IS"

Its off a Ford powerstroke truck and its sleeve bearing. It has a "low noise" compressor wheel. 1.00 A/R on both sides. I wonder how much slower this would spool than the ball bearing one you all are talking about.

Got any pictures, Pete?

I have a 35R on my 16V, full boost at 5000 rpm. I have seen big holsets spool faster so they arent a bad choise with a correct ex.manifold.
My oppinion is that choise of camshafts and exhaustmanifold affects full spool rpm as much as choosing turbo. But its hard to get much power without lag...

Would like to hear more of melting 16V heads. Never heard of any one melting a head.

powerstrokes go backwards btw. might make fitting it hard.

yeah. my "plan" was to get the B234F exhaust manifold, chop the "2-1" part of the "4-2-1" stock exhaust manifold and route the two pipes into the stock ford up pipes somehow.

Got any pictures, Pete?

Would you like me to re-host those a bit smaller for you, Pete?

haha ok hows this:

dscf1684ro6pg9.jpg

untitled1pf0hc8.jpg

Last edited:
What AR? 5000rpm sounds awfully late for a 35R for the ones I've seen in person.

-btw about my post with 35R's and internal gates, if your running a header just go external gate. It'll work much more effectively.

I have the largest housing 1.06, but the turbo is too small. Exhaut pressure greater than boost at 1,5 bar. But I think my cams allso makes spool late, should have bought a lager turbo...

Back