• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Isaac's 1995 944T DD

Okay I get the idea, but this seems to be something you can only do on an engine stand to get the degree readings. I moved my radiator closer to the engine so I don't think I'd even have enough room to get a mirror in there.

I did mine in car, with radiator inplace. So take out radiaotor and do the job. I bought a 9 inch wheel from summit and drilled a crank bolt to accept a 3/8 allthread to hold the wheel on.

Mine got a little better by adjusting the cam.... and adding some timing in megasquirt. Still not much better. Still laughably slow out of the hole.. I'll keep you posted.

I had the same set-up as 940guy for a while and his was always faster off the line. I'm convinced it's some sort of installation error with my set-up.

Haven't pressure tested the system yet. I'm away for school and only go home about once a month, usually not in the mood to work on the car at that time anyways :lol:
I tacked it with a MIG welder.
4-3" DP

that's not gonna be your problem, the wastegate actuator doesn't need it to be welded, as long as it's all flat it just needs to stay shut. it's something else, the car has underperformed with different turbo/manifold. i wish i knew more, that car will be a beast when you get it figured out

you have a wideband right? sure the ignition computer isn't pulling too much timing?

He tack welded it with a mig. Turbos get very very hot. Could be hanging on with one tack effectively causing a fat ass leak there for no lower end. Ask me how I know

it's something else, the car has underperformed with different turbo/manifold. i wish i knew more, that car will be a beast when you get it figured out

QFT.

I really need some extra help from someone with more experience. I've been dicking around with it for over a year to no avail. Anyone wanna come help me out?

I've welded a few flappers shut, seems like I could alsways see daylight so I usually weld all the way around with 309lmo stainless.

Another question, have you checked the rearend gear to if you have the 3.73 your supposed too? Possible it changed previously?

I've welded a few flappers shut, seems like I could alsways see daylight so I usually weld all the way around with 309lmo stainless.

Another question, have you checked the rearend gear to if you have the 3.73 your supposed too? Possible it changed previously?

Yeah I could weld it, may make a small improvement. But there's always been something wrong. Derrick's 90+ 15g set up was much faster than my 90+ 15g. I'll try and remember to check that when I go home. Is there just a tag or something?

I would physically turn the driveline by hand. Someone could have regeared it and you have line a 3.31 gear ratio making your car feeling slugish.

Back