• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

I think it'll work how it is now. One tooth off got it to line up pretty well. Two teeth just threw it too far the other way. Plus I know you're gonna come wire up MS, right? RIGHT?

I decided on something different for the rear suspension. I had thought I would make some Kaplhenke perches work back there but I like this option better and it will give me more travel. The adjustment on these is not as easy as some of the QA1 kits but it also doesn't affect travel which I like. Unfortunately one of the spring seats was welded incorrectly so I'll have to get with Summit on that before I can finish the other one.

1mAKUPp.jpg

Last edited:
My only concern is that the shocks only have three settings: regular, firm, and extra firm. Im hoping one of them will be the balance I'm looking for. Summit made me send the whole kit back since they can't exchange one piece of it so I'm waiting on them to send me another one.

Well keep us updated when you know more.
I would be curious how these are on your back/kidneys apposed to the stock shocks i'm running at current ride height, seeing as thats absolutely terrible.

Yeah I think the old setup made my spine shorter. These should be MUCH nicer since they'll have three times the travel. Plus I opted for 200# springs and I'm not adding a rear sway bar.

That's perfect. I wish I had seen those when I originally mocked things up.
I decided on something different for the rear suspension. I had thought I would make some Kaplhenke perches work back there but I like this option better and it will give me more travel. The adjustment on these is not as easy as some of the QA1 kits but it also doesn't affect travel which I like. Unfortunately one of the spring seats was welded incorrectly so I'll have to get with Summit on that before I can finish the other one.

1mAKUPp.jpg

No real progress. Kinda took a couple steps backwards in order to come out ahead down the road. Sold the ESMs that were going on the car in favor of some BRS Poison/Work Equip. I've been looking for a set of these for a long time and I finally found some I could afford so I couldn't say no. They're 17x7/8 so I'm going to try to swap some of the parts around and get a more usable pair of 8" wheels and then buy whatever I need to make another 9" pair. All four have the same barrels but each pair has a different offset for the center and a different width lip. I'll also have to mill the center bore to whatever the 8.8 is. I think it's 70.5.

Uc7O5XH.jpg

Also picked up a nicer manifold than my 90+ so now I have to reclock the turbo and set up the wastegate actuator again but that should go pretty smoothly. Painted it with some VHT fireproof paint. Now I just have to talk my girlfriend into letting me cure it in the oven.

jH5jgIa.jpg

Still no word from Summit on my suspension.

Last edited:
Now I just have to talk my girlfriend into letting me cure it in the oven.

Still no word from Summit on my suspension.

Better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. :cool:
Summit usually has good customer service. Hope it works in your favor.

Manifold looks nice!

I didn't really think of that. I could build something to do the same thing I guess. You can cure it on the car but I'm not sure I want to add that to the equation when I have to start tuning MS.

I didn't really think of that. I could build something to do the same thing I guess. You can cure it on the car but I'm not sure I want to add that to the equation when I have to start tuning MS.

And it stinks for days!, I usually do like 2 coats, heat to 350-400, cool, 2 more, then heat cycle it to 350 about 2-3 times or until it stops smelling like tar.

Back